Pontiac GTO Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I would love to do a '69 GTO Judge Convertable clone! Just for my own use.

It doesn't have to be good enough to fool anyone. I'm just wondering how hard would it be to make the hardtop into a convertable? Are the parts avalible aftermarket for the sheet metal to do this (I figure I would have to do some metal work myself)?

The Tempest has a 'rebuilt' 350 in it right now that the PO says was rebuilt and never ran. I'm thinking I would just get a new Chevy 572 crate for this car. What do ya guys think about doing that?

·
Registered
910 Posts
Unless you have a pocket full of money and the time to locate whats needed for the conversion I would cancel the whole idea. Qtr panels are different on a convertible than a coupe. Big fabrication involved.

·
Registered
453 Posts
You better go park your coupe next to a convertible with the top down and compare the two... You're in for a massive fabrication effort. The frame is different, too. You're better off finding a parted-out, totaled convertible and restoring it with parts off your coupe. But for the $40,000 you're going to spend on the project, why not just pay someone $15K for a Lemans Convertible..?

1 - 3 of 3 Posts