Pontiac GTO Forum banner
1 - 20 of 42 Posts

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm on the brink of getting a GTO (as well documented on this forum :) ), but suddenly friends are saying that I should get a G35 because they have a more attractive exterior, are better reviewed, and on top of that when the new 2008 GTO comes out, the current one will be known as "the stupid slow selling one" and will be history.

Can someone throw down these voices of reason and let me buy my GTO with peace of mind? lol

·
Registered
290 Posts
Screw everybody. Take them both for a drive and buy the one you like best. If you buy the G35 don't get mad when we toast you;)

·
Registered
290 Posts
On a more mature note:) Do you believe everything you read? Looks are subjective and the 2004/2006 GTO will always be know as a musclecar. Numbers sold won't change that. When the new version comes out its going to be retro and you have to wait until it comes out. Assuming you like it. If you really have any doubts after the test drive then I don't know what to tell you. Good luck:cheers

·
Registered
194 Posts
The 04-06 GTO isn't a dime a dozen car. No matter what they start calling it when the 08 comes out, if it actually does, I'm still gonna stand my car. It looks hot, it has a sweet interior, and power and performance to make it a blast to drive every time. i would not trade it for anything. the G35 is a nice car, but anyone can have one of those. It's a different type of people that buy the GTO. it's someone who wants to be different from the rest of the pack where you can have a car with looks inside and out, and the power to unleash your wildside.

You just need to decide what you want in your driveway, something that says "I have a G35", or something that says "Don't mess with me b%tch".

Just my opinion, but I would say GTO is the way to go.

·
Registered
176 Posts
I would say that if you drive both cars and still question the GTO. IT'S NOT FOR YOU.

I needed absolutely no convincing, in fact I had to make myself stay away.

And for the 2008 GTO, so far it doesn't really exist just rumors. I don't like the retro things there doin' either. Other than the Challenger, that I might consider someday.

I LOVE MY GTO!!!! :cool
Monica

·
Registered
160 Posts
G35's are HAWT. I love those cars. But the GTO has a definite something you can't get with a G35...

V8 rumble. :D :cool

·
Registered
439 Posts
lots of people buy G35's, if that meets your needs better than who cares which is faster? Drive both and buy what you want, don't let other people decide what's good.

·
Registered
65 Posts
GibsonUSA said:
I'm on the brink of getting a GTO (as well documented on this forum :) ), but suddenly friends are saying that I should get a G35 because they have a more attractive exterior, are better reviewed, and on top of that when the new 2008 GTO comes out, the current one will be known as "the stupid slow selling one" and will be history.

Can someone throw down these voices of reason and let me buy my GTO with peace of mind? lol
If your friends were jumping off a bridge...
Really, they sound like dorks. The ONLY people who talk trash about the GTO have never driven one. The G35 has some nice styling cues, but it is not in the same league as The Goat. It has basicly the same body as the Audi TT, Nissan z, Hyundai Tiburon, basicly the list goes on. Do you want a compact sports coupe or a high performance musclecar?
Pontiac has made history with the GTO, What does Infinity boast? I agree with the test drive folks, if you still have any doubts after comparing the driving experience, DON'T buy a musclecar-it's not for you. I could drive anything, within limits, and I love my GTO. I see G35s around town and wonder why they settled for that. I know a guy that drives one. When we chat, it is about my car, not his. Can you say envy?

·
Registered
75 Posts
I was also considering both. One of the biggest things that I liked about the G35 was the more perceived "luxury status" and the fact that it's available with a factory navigation system.

I decided that I didn't really care about status, and with $1k I can buy a much better nav system from Pioneer.

·
Premium Member
2,640 Posts
First. Why would you ask that question on a GTO forum? You should already know which direction we're gonna try to steer you in. Just do the test drive of both cars and decide for yourself. It's that simple. I'm sure you'll decide what's best for you at the time of signing the contract. With that said, enjoy your new GTO :cheers

·
Registered
8 Posts
It's not always an easy call. This is coming from a guy who traded in his modified Audi TT in Feb. for a new Goat, so I understand where the "Luxury Sports Car" guys are coming from. They are fun and refined, but I will tell you that I truely felt the GTO's fit and finish is easily as good as some of the import stuff, and it pulls the same Gs on the skidpad as a Nissan Z, and that's with a stock suspension. My neighbor has a G-35 and I drove it, and I can say that it is slow. I kept waiting for the cam to kick in at high revs or something, but nothing ever happened. Everyone thinks their car is fast, because they have no real point of reference. I drove the GTO and it really did make me laugh, there is no comparison between the two motors. I haven't just beat a couple of G-35 Sport Coupes but flat out embarrased them, hell I just walked away from an STI yesterday from a rolling start.

You will not find a more complete performance package for the price in the GTO. If you want more aggressive styling, more amenities for your daily commute, and don't mind getting put in your place by a lot of other sports cars out there, get the Infinity.:cheers

P.S. Hardly any aftermarket go fast parts for the G

·
Registered
17 Posts
hi name roger well first off drive the GTO second i have 1 of 64 made with the options..like the other cars in history they just go up in price,i am an old school muscle car guy have had them all it seems and the gto just is an awesome car to drive from its snappy performance to its awesome interior and the outside looks alot better since it has the ram air and other options..like i said DRIVE IT NOTHING COMPARES and the looks it gets as u drive are worth well lmao.....and the best thing you dont see them every where you look nice having something most people dont...just my two cents///RC

·
Registered
364 Posts
Back seat

Get in the back seat of both cars and compare...... oh wait you can't get in the back seat of a G35.:lol:

Another thing look at the photos of the GTO without the spoiler. You will be surprised at how different it looks. If you like the lines of the G35 you will love a spoilerless GTO.

1 - 20 of 42 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.