Pontiac GTO Forum banner
1 - 20 of 37 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
167 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I decided to see if there were any 05's in my area, I took a look on the web first and there were none. I called 2 Pontiac Dealers, one in the city I live in. Asked a salesman if he had any and no was his answer. I said okay do you have any brochures? No he didn't. Can you give me any info on the 05 GTO I asked? His only answer, I think it has a bigger engine. Tried the dealer about 12 miles from me. Asked him if he had any, he says yes there is one on our showroom floor. Now I'm very sure he is clueless so I ask him to double check and after a few minutes he comes back and says it's an 04 . I asked both dealerships when they were getting any in and naturaly they had no idea. One of them said to me, Call back in a month and maybe we will have a better Idea then. What is up with these people. I may not even see an 05 til june at this rate.I envy all of you in the warm states, we will be the last part of the country to get ours. Sorry for the lenght of this, I just needed to vent.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
77 Posts
Don't feel so alone!!! My dealer said the same thing and I don't have another dealer 12 miles down the road!!! But I did end up buying one (Go pick it up next week) 600 miles away. The flight only costs 250.00 and I figure 100.00 to 150.00 to get back. Plus I got the car a little below MSRP with the autocross grills already installed. LOL! :rolleyes: they would have delivered it for free, but when I asked them how they said they'd drive it to me!!!! :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: I laughed and said no thanks I'll fly!
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
117 Posts
Reno'sGoat said:
So I decided to see if there were any 05's in my area, I took a look on the web first and there were none. I called 2 Pontiac Dealers, one in the city I live in. Asked a salesman if he had any and no was his answer. I said okay do you have any brochures? No he didn't. Can you give me any info on the 05 GTO I asked? His only answer, I think it has a bigger engine. Tried the dealer about 12 miles from me. Asked him if he had any, he says yes there is one on our showroom floor. Now I'm very sure he is clueless so I ask him to double check and after a few minutes he comes back and says it's an 04 . I asked both dealerships when they were getting any in and naturaly they had no idea. One of them said to me, Call back in a month and maybe we will have a better Idea then. What is up with these people. I may not even see an 05 til june at this rate.I envy all of you in the warm states, we will be the last part of the country to get ours. Sorry for the lenght of this, I just needed to vent.
I'd would have to say that the number of Pontiac dealerships like this far outnumber those that are on the ball.
:rolleyes:
 

·
Banned
Joined
·
98 Posts
I have called several dealers in my area and have gotten responses that range from puzzeling to "We don't know nothin' about 05 GTO". None of the dealerships that I contacted even had an 05 to look at or test drive. What is GM doing, it is now February. Most 05 makes and models have been available for 4-5 months!
The nearest dealer to me is a rather large volume store that sold 23 '04s and has a purple one left. They told me that they had a bad experience with the 04's and would not be ordering any 05's for their inventory. Another dealer said that 05's would have a new body style but would not be available until summer.
Does Pontiac not look at a calender or is this 05 model so outstanding that they feel capable of selling the balance of the 12,000 units slated for production in a few months. We are well into the 05 model sales period. Many dealers have no product and clueless salespeople.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
3 Posts
Bob Mc 2316 said:
Mine will be delivered the end of Feb. or the first week in March! It was built last week in Australia!
Good luck getting it that earlyl I ordered mine sept.16 and they still don't have a vin. I know it is in calf. or on rail some where. I cancelled it so if your looking around it is a blk/blk m6,at Roberts Pontiac in Lapeer Mi. ask for Jim. Also a Cyclone Grey/black m6 was delivered to Milnes Imlay City Mi. ask for brad umphrey,I bought the torrid red/black m6 :party: :cheers
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
32 Posts
I agree that there are a lot of dumb sales people out there but you do need to remember that you are talking about a 2005 and it is only February 1, 2005. Now before you flame me, please read. The cars are built by Holden not Pontiac. In other countries the manufacturers don't start supplying new model years until the new model year. I have experience as a supplier to several German manufacturers. Also, I have seen articles on how Pontiac screwed up the initial launch of the GTO by supplying too many to the Midwest in the middle of winter. Most people are afraid to drive rear drive cars in the snow. So maybe Pontiac is finally trying to something right. :willy:
With that said, train the sales people!!!
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
167 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
drmustang said:
I have called several dealers in my area and have gotten responses that range from puzzeling to "We don't know nothin' about 05 GTO". None of the dealerships that I contacted even had an 05 to look at or test drive. What is GM doing, it is now February. Most 05 makes and models have been available for 4-5 months!
The nearest dealer to me is a rather large volume store that sold 23 '04s and has a purple one left. They told me that they had a bad experience with the 04's and would not be ordering any 05's for their inventory. Another dealer said that 05's would have a new body style but would not be available until summer.
Does Pontiac not look at a calender or is this 05 model so outstanding that they feel capable of selling the balance of the 12,000 units slated for production in a few months. We are well into the 05 model sales period. Many dealers have no product and clueless salespeople.
I agree the sales people are totally clueless. Just by talking to the couple that I mentioned, it was plain to see that they didn't know anything about the car. One even stated ( you know more about the car than I do) and with that I ended the conversation and hung up the phone while scratching my head and wondering why I even bothered to call.
 

·
Banned
Joined
·
98 Posts
There were 05 BMW, Lexus, Mercedes, Honda, Nissan, etc. models in showrooms, in stock ready for delivery last fall. GM must feel that their GTO has no competitor and has no need to be in synch with the automotive market. This marketing blunder will certainly work to the advantage of us patient 05 buyers.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
674 Posts
I went to one dealer in october and while he was telling me about how new the car was I asked about reliability with a first year, he said it was good. I asked if they got all the bugs out in the seven years since the chasis was introduced. Whaaa?

How bout the 400hp motor in a few weeks? what 400 hp?

Went to a dealer that didnt try to sell me the car, said he didnt know the tech specs, but knew the numbers. thats all i cared about.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
77 Posts
Do not feel bad taking a care for warantee work or any other kind of service to a dealership where you did not buy the car. I willing to bet a dealership makes most of it's profits from there service dept. i.e. 80.00/hr. labor even if it's warantee and you pay nothing the manufacturer does pay the dealer for the work done on your car!

I wouldn't be upset if a dealer tells you; "you know more about this car then I do!" I go into a dealership knowing I know more about the car then they do! I pride myself on being more knowlegable then them on the car I'm going to buy!! Plus I'm kinda anal that way :D !

Do a vheicle search on Pontiacs site to see the dealer closest to you that actually has one!!! and start from there, when I did this the closest to me was 300 miles but when I called the the car had just been sold to a guy 1000 miles away and I wound up going 600 mi. to get mine. Yes it was worth it!!!
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
476 Posts
Legionaire said:
Do not feel bad taking a care for warantee work or any other kind of service to a dealership where you did not buy the car. I willing to bet a dealership makes most of it's profits from there service dept. i.e. 80.00/hr. labor even if it's warantee and you pay nothing the manufacturer does pay the dealer for the work done on your car!

I wouldn't be upset if a dealer tells you; "you know more about this car then I do!" I go into a dealership knowing I know more about the car then they do! I pride myself on being more knowlegable then them on the car I'm going to buy!! Plus I'm kinda anal that way :D !

Do a vheicle search on Pontiacs site to see the dealer closest to you that actually has one!!! and start from there, when I did this the closest to me was 300 miles but when I called the the car had just been sold to a guy 1000 miles away and I wound up going 600 mi. to get mine. Yes it was worth it!!!
The only dealership near me that has one on the books(San Marcos) told me it was supposed to be delivered to the dealership on Jan 15th. For some reason, Pontiac is hoilding it in San Antonio and won't deliver it to them. And in regards to salesman knowledge of cars, I have always found that I am always more knowledgable. I was suprised at the Infinity dealership,however, when the salesman actually knew more about the G35.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
77 Posts
Not the sport package but just the autosross grills. Dealer installed them before I ever found the car. I also bought it without those wheels. No dealership also put the judge decals on
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
117 Posts
This I don't get. One should not have to travel hundreds of miles to buy a GTO. That's just wrong and anyone that tells you different....well that's just crazy talk. :willy: What is it going to take to get GM to do things right?
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
167 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
EdwardC is right, I have 25 Dealers within 42 miles of where I live and there isn't a 05 GTO to be found anywhere. That is just not right. I shouldn't have to travel far away to get one.
 
1 - 20 of 37 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.
Top