Pontiac GTO Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
57 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Any recommendations on a camshaft for a 69 Lemans 350, automatic? I'm planning on using a carter afb 650 with an Edelbrock Permorer manifold.

My goal is regular street performance but still keeping it as economical as possible.

It would be nice to get that loping idle, but at the cost of gas, I dunno.

·
Super Moderator
5,146 Posts
gman26 said:
Any recommendations on a camshaft for a 69 Lemans 350, automatic? I'm planning on using a carter afb 650 with an Edelbrock Permorer manifold.

My goal is regular street performance but still keeping it as economical as possible.

It would be nice to get that loping idle, but at the cost of gas, I dunno.
Click here for Crane Cams performance chart on Pontiacs!

·
Registered
450 Posts
I've had very good luck with the CompCams products. If you're going to be running stock cast iron exhaust manifolds, the XE262H (part number 42-222-4) is a great choice for an automatic car with stock rear end gears. If you have headers and and some slightly more aggressive gears, the XE268H produces outstanding power with a reasonable idle and low-end torque. Along with the cam, you should seriously consider installing a matching set of valve springs and a new timing chain/gear set.

The 350 Pontiac engine in a LeMans is never going to be a gas mileage champ. Forget the mileage and have some fun!

You can get to the CompCams Pontiac Catalog page here (scroll down through the Olds section to Pontiac):

http://www.compcams.com/Technical/CurrentCatalog/HTML/210-217.asp

1 - 3 of 3 Posts