Pontiac GTO Forum banner
1 - 20 of 37 Posts

·
Registered
212 Posts
How are you going about doing these donuts? I spun a 180 in the middle of an intersection to get turned around, all I did was give it a little gas and dump the clutch. Just turn the wheel real hard, nail the throttle, and you should be able to do one. I find it hard to believe that a RWD with a limited slip differential can't do a donut easily!!!

·
Registered
43 Posts
04GTOALEX said:
I was trying to shoot a video of the Goat doing dougnuts but somehow it won't do it i had T/C off and everything but it won't doit can anyone help?
Geez, turn TC off, put the pedal to the floor, and crank on the steering wheel. I can about get our's to do them WITH TC turned ON.

·
Registered
185 Posts
04GTOALEX said:
well them there must be something wrong with my differential or something because i am tired of doing donuts in every single car i've had. YEs the T/C is off and it won't do it
try rapping out the rev's, and dumping the clutch into 2nd, maybe you're toppingout 1st for some odd reason and can't get it around before the limiter kicks in. of course this is a lame idea and will prolly fubar the tranny in some way.

·
Registered
267 Posts
come on tom ,tell us the truth... your outside right now drinking j.d. and doing dougnuts with that new gto!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

·
Registered
185 Posts
Tom said:
maybe it's time to grow up a little and quit doing donuts. At least not advertise your frustration with your stupidity on a public forum. :eek:
Stupidity??? C'mon man, you can't tell me you haven't let the smoke roll off the ole tires a few times. He said he was making a video, you know every last one of you eat that crap up when it's posted for all to see. Cut him some slack!

·
Registered
185 Posts
oh and by the way, not all of us who bought the GTO are middle aged and looking to turn back the clock. We bought the car for what it is, a pure mucscle car waiting to be turned loose. Just because yours hasn't seen rain....or 60 MILES AN HOUR for that matter, doesn't mean everyone else does the same

·
Registered
674 Posts
Who is turning back the clock?

Forget the real sports cars I owned, if I wanted to turn back the clock I would not be selling my Z28.

Stupidity is stupidity whether by a 20 or 80 year old. Doing donuts in a brand new car is pretty stupid if you ask me. The automakers have people at autocrosses taking pictures so they can void the warranty. I bet GM would be eatin up that vid faster than anyone just so they could void the warranty.

·
Registered
267 Posts
lambertgoat said:
oh and by the way, not all of us who bought the GTO are middle aged and looking to turn back the clock. We bought the car for what it is, a pure mucscle car waiting to be turned loose. Just because yours hasn't seen rain....or 60 MILES AN HOUR for that matter, doesn't mean everyone else does the same
chill man..... i thought we were friendly bunch ?????

·
Registered
185 Posts
flht3 said:
chill man..... i thought we were friendly bunch ?????
oh i am chillin' man, it's just that people act like it's their car we're driving when were smokin' em' up or doing dognuts. we're all entitled to do as we want with our cars without someone criticizing us. One bad apple in the bunch always want to put people down. So what if he can't get his goat go make it all the way around, at least he's trying. As for voided warranty stuff goes, i bet half of all new cars have had the piss ran out of them before they're sold, at least i know i've drived the crap out of new mustangs in the past...even with the salesman in the car, i'm not gonna pay that kind of money for a car if it doesn't meet my expectations of a muscle car, if that's what you wanna call the new schmuckstangs anyway. just my two cents on $hit talkers

·
Registered
267 Posts
lambertgoat said:
oh i am chillin' man, it's just that people act like it's their car we're driving when were smokin' em' up or doing dognuts. we're all entitled to do as we want with our cars without someone criticizing us. One bad apple in the bunch always want to put people down. So what if he can't get his goat go make it all the way around, at least he's trying. As for voided warranty stuff goes, i bet half of all new cars have had the piss ran out of them before they're sold, at least i know i've drived the crap out of new mustangs in the past...even with the salesman in the car, i'm not gonna pay that kind of money for a car if it doesn't meet my expectations of a muscle car, if that's what you wanna call the new schmuckstangs anyway. just my two cents on $hit talkers
your right, you can do what ever you want!!! personaly it never crossed my mind to do dougnuts in MY new car??? and yes i am middle aged, and yes my car has seen 130 mph, and yes i have done a burn out,and yes I NEED MORE HP most likely in the form of a procharger. and no i have never done dougnuts.

·
Registered
674 Posts
You can do what you want in your car. you can wrap it around a tree for all i care. Just as long as you dont take anyone else with you on your quest for a Darwin award.

It is your money to burn. other cars may have been beaten and gotten warranty service, but other cars dont have owners advertising on a public forum that they are abusing their car according to the warranty. with only a few hundred manual barbados and my limited knowledge of what is in the black boxes, I hope your car doesnt need warranty work.

Somewhere buried in the fine print of the Porsche owners manual is a blurb that says if you track the car you void the warranty. The ceramic brakes are something like a 5000 option, and complaints came in about warpage after a few DEs by owners. Porsche denied the warranty, cost of repair, over 10000 from what i read.

·
Registered
185 Posts
there's absolutely nothing wrong with my car. I don't abuse it all that often, i've done three burnouts that i can remember, but NO DONUTS either, there's nowhere nearby to do them that isn't really lighted up or doesn't have a constant flow of traffic going by.

1 - 20 of 37 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.