Pontiac GTO Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
304 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well this was a wonderful thing to fly out of bed to at 6 in the morning...horn blairing...parents screaming...someone trying to rob my GTO. I've had the car for 9 days! They broke my key cylinder on the door, took a chunk out of the part just below the key cylinder on the door and broke my glove box on the dash. From what I can see that was the extent of the damage.

These low life punks left an Infiniti leather bag with driver info on my front seat and my owners manual and paperwork in the middle of the street because my father was going after them, so they ditched everything they stole (from me and the previous car) in case we could ID their get a way car. I hope the evidence that they stole can nab them, but i doubt it.

I'm sick to my stomach...I just got the damn thing! I don't even live in a bad area...but hey Newark isn't that far away. UNREAL!

·
Registered
98 Posts
When you have nice stuff...

People get jealous. People suck! One on one they're usually ok, but when they get into groups, forget it. Sounds like they were just stupid little punks with nothing better to do than f up your car for you. You've probably been driving past their house everyday, and they just couldn't stand to see you with something nice that they will never have. 6 AM is a strange time for anyone to be out getting into mischief like that.
I'm sorry that happened to you. At least they didn't break your window. God only knows what they would have done if the alarm hadn't gone off. Pukes like that deserve what they will get later in life if they don't shape up. I hope they don't decide to try again in a couple days.... maybe you could be ready for them?..... mwa ha ha ha.

Maximental

·
Registered
87 Posts
This is why we (country bumpkins) do not take any **** off of young kids. Zero. I have taught my kids the value of other peoples property....anybody screws with my property they get their ass shot. Period. Here in the country..... kids..... and adults alike... respect one another more than in the "populated" areas...why? Easy....steal/lie you get your ass handed to you...and kids know this at a very early age......sorry about your Goat man......****ing punks....

·
Registered
275 Posts
Good thing you didn't catch 'em and beat their ass. The way things are today, THEY would turn out to be the victim, and you would be the one with jail time, fines, and a criminal record. Of course, I'm mocking our system of "justice" here, but we all know there's some reality to my sarcasm. Dirty Harry's out there somewhere....someday, they'll get what they deserve.

:cool

·
Registered
304 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
We just missed them as they were running back to their car (an '05 Mustang.....LOL j/k) when we got out of the house. In some ways it was a good thing that we didn't get them in time. Who knows if they had any weapons. It happened all too fast and unexpected. Now at least we have a plan and maybe I should keep a bat handy ;)

The thing now is dealing with paranoia...whether it's in my own driveway or anywhere. I just hope it was random and they don't plan on coming back "to finish the job".

Does anyone know if when the alarm is going off that the engine is disabled? Or is it still possible to hot wire?

·
Registered
476 Posts
SgtGeek said:
This is why we (country bumpkins) do not take any **** off of young kids. Zero. I have taught my kids the value of other peoples property....anybody screws with my property they get their ass shot. Period. Here in the country..... kids..... and adults alike... respect one another more than in the "populated" areas...why? Easy....steal/lie you get your ass handed to you...and kids know this at a very early age......sorry about your Goat man......****ing punks....
I love Texas! :seeya

·
Registered
304 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
I have a garage...with a Camaro in it. That's in there because I use it once in a while and the GTO is my daily driver. I still live at home with the 'rents and with cars blocking the garage, it would be impossible to keep moving cars each time I have to leave for work and come home. The only possibility is to make sure that one car is behind me blocking me in so at least they can't steal it.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.