Pontiac GTO Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Super Moderator
8,433 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anyone on here have a recommendation for a good quality car cover that will take North East winters? I found one at PFYC which is what they call their Storm Proof made by Cover King. It goes for 219.00 and is custom fit, and is their premium cover. Anyone recommend one?
Thanks

·
Registered
204 Posts
GTO judge said:
Anyone on here have a recommendation for a good quality car cover that will take North East winters? I found one at PFYC which is what they call their Storm Proof made by Cover King. It goes for 219.00 and is custom fit, and is their premium cover. Anyone recommend one?Thanks
Garage.....

·
Super Moderator
8,433 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
silvergoat05 said:
Thats where your wife puts stuff she doesn't want anymore, but may need in the future, but probably won't ever see again.
:rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :lol: :lol: :lol:
Where can you purchase one? Does Walmart sell these Garages you speak of? I have heard of them, do they come in different colors?

·
Super Moderator
8,433 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
JMVorbeck said:
:rolleyes: I sold my garage, to pay for the car................
LMAOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO good one :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: My wife has the garage, or as I call it, my cabinet shop. Easier for her when it's snowing to go out and not have to clear off ice etc. I'm not thrilled to layout 300+ for a cover and am having no luck finding a garage close by to store the goat. Seen some, hell they want mortgage payments for renting.

·
Registered
46 Posts
California Car Cover Superweave is the material. When you order tell the guy you want a 6 inch skirt added to the pattern. (You must do this by phone) This will bring the cover down to the bottom of the tires. The standard pattern will barely cover to the bottom of the rocker panels. For the record this is the best material out there. The cover will cost $320 shipped but it comes with a 4 year guarantee no questions. Send it in you get new cover no charge no prorating. This material is like the material on an umbrella. It stops rain and dust. I have had cars under cover for a year, take off the cover wipe it down with Quick Detailer and go. I have tried every material out there and none protects like Storm Weave for outside storage. It is expensive but worth it. Get a light color for outside storage as it will reflect the sun.

·
Super Moderator
8,433 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
theamcguy said:
California Car Cover Stormweave is the material. When you order tell the guy you want a 6 inch skirt added to the pattern. (You must do this by phone) This will bring the cover down to the bottom of the tires. The standard pattern will barely cover to the bottom of the rocker panels. For the record this is the best material out there. The cover will cost $320 shipped but it comes with a 4 year guarantee no questions. Send it in you get new cover no charge no prorating. This material is like the material on an umbrella. It stops rain and dust. I have had cars under cover for a year, take off the cover wipe it down with Quick Detailer and go. I have tried every material out there and none protects like Storm Weave for outside storage. It is expensive but worth it. Get a light color for outside storage as it will reflect the sun.
Thanks Guy.... Do you have a phone number for this place, or a website?

·
Registered
46 Posts

·
Super Moderator
8,433 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
theamcguy said:
http://www.calcarcover.com/default.aspx
1800-423-5525
Here is the link to the different fabrics
http://www.calcarcover.com/how_to_select.aspx
The fabric you want is Superweave. I have edited my original post to reflect this. Again Superweave is the fabric you want with a 6 inch skirt. Sorry for the confusion.
Thanks again guy.. They told me 6" will drag on the ground. They recommend the 4" skirt.... The 6" skirt comes to ground level I assume? I will be ordering from them... 351.00 ouch... Since I cannot find a garage in the colors I want I will have to settle for a cover.
I've been on different sites and this cover seems to be the best one I've came across. PA winters are harsh, this will do the trick.

·
Registered
204 Posts
GTO judge said:
Thanks again guy.. They told me 6" will drag on the ground. They recommend the 4" skirt.... The 6" skirt comes to ground level I assume? I will be ordering from them... 351.00 ouch... Since I cannot find a garage in the colors I want I will have to settle for a cover.
I've been on different sites and this cover seems to be the best one I've came across. PA winters are harsh, this will do the trick.
I was, but I won't, touch this one. Phuck it, if you have a four inch skirt, won't you be exposing yourself to the elements. :rofl: :eek:

How long is that skirt the scotts wear? :D

edit: http://www.portablesheltershops.com/one_car.html

·
Super Moderator
8,433 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
silvergoat05 said:
I was, but I won't, touch this one. Phuck it, if you have a four inch skirt, won't you be exposing yourself to the elements. :rofl: :eek:

How long is that skirt the scotts wear? :D

edit: http://www.portablesheltershops.com/one_car.html
:rofl: Goat.... My neighbor offered me the use of his wife's skirt. She doesn't wear them in the winter cause it doesn't fully cover her ham hocks. Her skirt is too big to cover the goat. I can cover 2 cars with her skirt. She has 12" extensions on hers as well. I like the portable ones you linked to I'll think about that too. Maybe I can use the neighbors skirt to cover that as well. I don't want to expose too much, I may be inviting others to park inches away from me.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.