Pontiac GTO Forum banner
1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
410 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Got my new C&D Magazine today. They compared the 05 GTO and Mustang and chose the Mustang as the muscle car champ by 1 point - 211 to 210 for the GTO. They added a new criteria call "got to have it factor and gave the Mustang the full 25 points. Without it the GTO tromped all over it! Obvious bias!!

·
Registered
96 Posts
05 mustang

got ahold of an 05 mustang yesterday pulling out of the dealership. driver looked to be a sales man,,after an exchange of grins and nods it was on,,,he quit after I was about 3 lengths ahead and going into 5th,,,silly pony,,goats are meaner

·
Registered
314 Posts
badtmpdgoat said:
got ahold of an 05 mustang yesterday pulling out of the dealership. driver looked to be a sales man,,after an exchange of grins and nods it was on,,,he quit after I was about 3 lengths ahead and going into 5th,,,silly pony,,goats are meaner
I will raise a New Castle to that.

·
Registered
177 Posts
Yep, I hate C&D for just that reason, that magazine is so biased sometimes it's not funny. The Goat is the clear winner, let C&D say what they want. If you want a cheaper car, that handles worse, with more plastic inside, get a pony. If you want more refinement, great handling, and just more power...buy the Goat.

In the end, the Ford is still just found on road dead...because the Goat beat the snot out of it!

·
Registered
476 Posts
drmustang said:
Exluding their 03/04 Cobras, Ford has consistently delivered Mustangs that look fast but in reality are not. I have never seen a stock GT break the 14second mark. The Cobras are a completely different animal.
It will be interesting to see a head to head between the 2005/2006 GTO and the 2006 Cobra.

·
Registered
6 Posts
TexasRealtor said:
It will be interesting to see a head to head between the 2005/2006 GTO and the 2006 Cobra.
If the Cobra03/04 posted 12.8 stock with 385 I hate to see what it will do with 400+ the goat only went 13.6's maybe 13.0 with the judge(400)
I am a realist and understand yes the goat has a hands down winning interrior and great design but ford is in for a rally of what we did to them in 1993 with the camero/firebird :(

·
Registered
177 Posts
Well, it does sound a bit more for the horsepower/torque gains, but maybe GM finally got the rear to hook more, and leave the hole like a raped date. You figure, the vette is doing 0-60 in 4.3 seconds with this motor, if they got the GTO to bite better, it's possible to see it do 0.60 in 4.6 and 1/4 at 12.6 or 12.7.

·
Registered
32 Posts
personally, i agree with c&d's article on many points - that the gto is the better performer, that the mustang is cheaper and better looking. but, what's important to me is speed, and the gto has it and the mustang don't, so i'm voting with my wallet - just waiting for my silver/red/6spd to arrive next month. and if ford comes out with a cobra version, that's ok, i'll have a supercharger in my gto by then, and the mustang will still be behind me.

·
Registered
46 Posts
79TA&04GTO said:
Yep, I hate C&D for just that reason, that magazine is so biased sometimes it's not funny. The Goat is the clear winner, let C&D say what they want. If you want a cheaper car, that handles worse, with more plastic inside, get a pony. If you want more refinement, great handling, and just more power...buy the Goat.

In the end, the Ford is still just found on road dead...because the Goat beat the snot out of it!
Hmmmmm...Always thought it was Fix or repair daily :)

·
Registered
185 Posts
fwyflyr said:
I heard that Ford is disbanding SVT....no more Cobra no more Lightning. They will be replaced by aftermarket, ie; Roush, Shelby etc.
Not true, just holding off on the Cobra for a couple of years with the new body. don't know how exactly they can create a bad ass car out of that piece of crap they have to work with. I'm more interested in the lightning.....heard was gonna compete with SRT 10 ram with the new Ford GT motor under the hood.....somewhere around 550 ponies if i'm not mistaken, prolly not till mid 05 though. i'd also like to see what kind of monster steve saleen can make out of this car too.....S281E is pretty bad, 425 ponies is scarry

1 - 20 of 28 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.