Pontiac GTO Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
72 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
"With 50 more horses for 2005, these numbers should all improve. Unlike its fast-in-a-straight-line predecessor, the new GTO has agility to match the muscle thanks to a tuned independent suspension. With its combination of power, comfort, and price, we rate the GTO as one of the best performance buys around."

That's the nicest thing they've said about the Goat.

From C&D

·
Registered
30 Posts
Still cancelled them out regardless of what they're saying now. There's nothing wrong with the 2004 but 50 less horsepower, so what. Let C&D drive the stang and enjoy the rough and bumpy ride all for themselves and have their got to have it attitudes also.

·
Registered
558 Posts
Still Stings

That nice stuff is just a standalone blurb in their online Buyer's Guide section. When CD compares the GTO to the Mustang, they still like the Mustang better.

That conviction was reaffirmed last night as I read their article on the Mustang Convertible GT in the current issue. I marveled yet again that they're so smitten with this car. Yeah, my father worked for GM; yeah, I'm biased. But I've never questioned my sense of automotive aesthetics: Good-looking is good-looking. I'm sorry, but I just don't see the beauty in the Mustang. It's blocky, thick and sad-eyed. Ford's GT is gorgeous, and I'll happily concede that. The Mustang's a brick on wheels. Who on earth has "gotta have" that?

And CD persists in rubbing it in our faces that the Mustang "won" its January head-to-head contest with the GTO. Here's a quote from the article I read last night:

Our GT convertible tester scaled 3673, 150 pounds heavier than the first '05 GT coupe we tested [C/D, December 2004] and just 98 pounds heavier than the one that prevailed against the latest Pontiac GTO in a head-to-head shootout ["Goat and Pony Showdown," C/D, January 2005].​

I really take exception to the word "prevailed." If they want to say "won us over," that's fine. But the GTO defeated the Mustang soundly in just about every measurable, quantifiable way, so it "prevailed" only in a purely subjective sense.

I guess the important thing is that we who drive our GTOs every day know the truth. Heck, if we didn't have this chip on our shoulders, our cars wouldn't be nearly as fun!

·
Registered
195 Posts
While out for a brief walk through the parking lot over my lunch I noticed a brand new Mustang convertable, six-banger from the looks of the dinky single exhaust. The owner had it proudly double-parked!! :lol: I wasn't very impressed with its "gotta have it" factor. In all honesty the exterior did look less than appealing.

·
Registered
314 Posts
Devil said:
Still cancelled them out regardless of what they're saying now. There's nothing wrong with the 2004 but 50 less horsepower, so what. Let C&D drive the stang and enjoy the rough and bumpy ride all for themselves and have their got to have it attitudes also.
You: 2005 GOAT
ME: 2004 GOAT

Your response is like including your slower, little bit uglier brother in sports. Thank you.

:cheers

·
Registered
29 Posts
i've seen so many 05 mustangs and by far like 80% of the people driving them are women. the mustang is a new style and 300hp, but its still slower than a z28 SS let alone a 05 GTO the mustang flat out does not compare to a 05 GTO, C&D's own test confirms that :party:

·
Registered
115 Posts
m8d2run said:
i've seen so many 05 mustangs and by far like 80% of the people driving them are women. the mustang is a new style and 300hp, but its still slower than a z28 SS let alone a 05 GTO the mustang flat out does not compare to a 05 GTO, C&D's own test confirms that :party:
True, almost every mustang I have seen around here is driven by a woman. There is even a girl at work that drives a silver gt.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.