Pontiac GTO Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
56 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My 04 has been revving up to about 2000rpm when I stop at a light then it drops to about 500rpm and goes back to 2000rpm. Sometimes it goes back to idle and sometimes it dies and repeatedly dies after starting again unless I put my foot to the floor and clean it out. I noticed I'm smelling more fuel than normal from the exhaust. I'm thinking I have one maybe more injectors that are sticking open and causing it to load up and die. Wanted to see what everyone else thought before I go out and buy a new set of injectors. Thanks

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

·
Former Moderator
4,081 Posts
For the vid upload it to Youtube and copy the link here. Off hand it sounds like the tune more than anything. A decent sized cam like the MS3 takes some careful tuning. My old cam did a similar thing and I ended up having to tune it for open loop as from cam reversion it would go crazy rich at idle and would surge just like yours is doing.

·
Registered
56 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I had retuned after I put I had to replace the engine and cam. It had the ms3 in before so that's what I put back in it and when I had retuned it was running fine. It didn't start doing that until 5 or 6 months after the retune

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

·
Registered
457 Posts
I'd almost think that bad O2s would throw a CEL.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts