Pontiac GTO Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Super Moderator
8,433 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone using Rhino Ramps? Does the GTO scrape when entering and exiting?
I'm leaning on the 12,000 lb ramps a better degree and wider than the 8,000 lbers but am curious if there is clearance without having to put a 2x6 in front of the drive up.

I've seen some nice profile ones in the 180 range but don't want to spend that $$. Not Rhinos? What else?

·
Banned
2,777 Posts
Couldn't tell you man... I just had a discussion about this with my dad yesterday, and that how we haven't been able to use the oldschool steel ramps since I had my '84 Parisienne. Not even my '91 Sunbird would clear the lead-up. I did notice the new polymer ones have a domed/curved lead-up, but I've just been using jacks & stands for so long, I'm just used to it. Those ramps were real convenient for oil changes.

·
Super Moderator
8,433 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Yea I know about the steel ramps I have a set and they will only work if you make a sub ramp to use with them.

The Rhino ramps have an 8K and 12K limit. The 12K ones have a little bit longer run but the degree of angle looks the same or just a little bit different and not sure if these cars will clear. I like the race ramps but not the 180+ price tax.

·
Registered
3,765 Posts
I got mine up some crappy ramps once. Don't know the brand. It didn't clear on its own so I had my brother lift up on the bumper. It didn't take much to give that extra inch needed to clear. But wow, that is a lot for a ramp. Almost cheaper to rent a jack hammer and did a hole inthe garage to work lol

1 - 4 of 4 Posts