Pontiac GTO Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
418 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Put the convertor in a week ago with new front seal ,leaked alittle,,pulled it the whole frickin tarnny again today put a fresh seal this time from NAPA double checked to be the correct one,,put it back together and now it leaks ten times as much.. I give up.. I have done at least ten convertor swapsin my life this is the first time this crap has happened. Only thing left is the convertor which is a new TCI ..
20 hours of labor in it so far and now I am stuck without a car.
:mad: :mad: :mad:

·
Registered
3,541 Posts
Is it the convertor seal or the front pump seal? I've never heard of this happening, but I do feel your tranny pain..... I've been driving a new Chevy 1500 truck with a 6.0 in it, what a friggin' slow p.o.s.! :cheers

·
Registered
3,541 Posts
HTRDLNCN said:
The one I changed is the front seal on the snout of the pump.
I have been told the front pump bushing could have gone bad due to bad machining on the convertors part,
Very true....

·
Registered
418 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
dropped off the tranny at a shop,they are gonna get new bushing,seal from the dealer and leak test the convertor and mic the snout. Couldnt think of anything else. Should be done tommorow.. I have now pulled the tranny 3 times in less than 7 days. This time it took me 2hours to have it out and on the ground. I hope its a REALLY long time before I have to do it again.

·
Registered
418 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Well after 3 times in and out,new bushing,new seal,bla,blah,blah it still leaks. Only thing left is the TCI so back it goes.. I am so sick of laying on the floor smelling tranny fluid its not even funny.. Now I am stuck at least a week waiting for new converter with no car..

·
Registered
3,541 Posts
HTRDLNCN said:
Well after 3 times in and out,new bushing,new seal,bla,blah,blah it still leaks. Only thing left is the TCI so back it goes.. I am so sick of laying on the floor smelling tranny fluid its not even funny.. Now I am stuck at least a week waiting for new converter with no car..
TCI Convertor :shutme ...... that sucks!!!!!!!!!! I just got Fatbitch back today, she's working fine and shifting properly! :cheers

·
Registered
418 Posts
Discussion Starter #8 (Edited)
It sucks the sweat off a dead goats balls...
Its also blocking the exit of my shop so I cant get my tractor or other car out unless I pick everything up and take the car off the stands and push it out.
Did i mention one of the times pulling it out tranny fell on my chest..How it didnt break my ribs Ill never know.. Quite the experience..

PS:I ordered a Yank,,mainly becuase I actually got the guy on the phone and he will rush mine thru+throw in overnight shipping (get it in less than a week)
Everyone else wanted 10-14 days to get me a custom built one. Hope its better built..

·
Registered
3,541 Posts
HTRDLNCN said:
It sucks the sweat off a dead goats balls...
Its also blocking the exit of my shop so I cant get my tractor or other car out unless I pick everything up and take the car off the stands and push it out.
Did i mention one of the times pulling it out tranny fell on my chest..How it didnt break my ribs Ill never know.. Quite the experience..

PS:I ordered a Yank,,mainly becuase I actually got the guy on the phone and he will rush mine thru+throw in overnight shipping (get it in less than a week)
Everyone else wanted 10-14 days to get me a custom built one. Hope its better built..
I've got a HUGE scar on my left shoulder were a tranny out of a 1959 Ford Thunderbird fell on me, it hurt and I cussed a lot! Yeah, Yank is a badass convertor, pricey, but very nice! Hope you get this fixed cause you sure are going through a hell of a time! Good luck to you and keep us posted! :cheers

1 - 9 of 9 Posts