Pontiac GTO Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Radiator decal

'64 thru '66. I was unaware '64s used a fan guard. mine didn't have one.
I was asking about the DECAL. it's also used on 1964 "B"body cars the vendor stated . the decal was on the core support in 64 on "A" bodies. Vendor sent the photo to show the DECAL only.

·
Premium Member
633 Posts
yeah, I know. the decal is correct for '64 thru '66. those decals are readily available along with the other under the hood ones.

·
Registered
3,931 Posts
Only difference is kerning of the type (spacing). if you want an exact match you may have to have it printed yourself. My early 66' did not have any sticker on the core support. Here is a little pic from my car before i stripped it to show how these stickers were sometimes haphazardly placed at the factory. These cars were mass produced on an assembly line by humans. In a perfect world we like to think they used a template or actually measured as i am sure you will.

I actually managed print shops in the Detroit area for over a decade and can't tell you how many times we had to re-set type and adjust schedules for short runs to keep the lines fed, so over the years and in different plants there might have been slight variations on any given car. I will admit after 6 beers for lunch, my jacking instructions do appear to be much straighter.......:cheers. Just my .02.

·
Registered
3,931 Posts
You have pictures in your first and third post of the correct sticker. It is outlined in black with round corners, the arrow has the larger point and the Helvetica block lettering is full kerning to the width on the right. Just like most repop parts, the reproductions (third pic) are not OEM spec. Most sign shops will have the ability to reproduce it to match the OEM with a pic and dimensions. There are printers that will print on 3M pressure sensitive vinyl to allow them to do a 1 of but it will probably cost you a few bucks.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Well at least I wont get "dinged" a point, for having the wrong caution label on. Just have to get "correct MICRO" wheel weights for the wheels.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts