Pontiac GTO Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just did the cd auxiliary input mod on a whim, and holy shart this is awesome! honestly the quality is perfect, no problems what so ever, the hardest part was routing the chord when i was done.. If you have not done this mod, wtf are you doing with your life. :party::party::cheers:party:

·
Registered
3,765 Posts
I did it to my Z06 a few weeks back. Def awesome and sounds great. I have what sounds like a small group loop when I use the aux though.

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I did it to my Z06 a few weeks back. Def awesome and sounds great. I have what sounds like a small group loop when I use the aux though.
what do you mean by small group loop? it is either sound from the track on your cd, or it is simply a bad solder connection. if everything is done perfect, the sound should be perfectly crystal. Did you use the built in ground, or some place else?

·
Registered
2,627 Posts
If you have not done this mod, wtf are you doing with your life..
What many have done. I removed the obsolete factory stereo and replace it with something that is more up to date...you know; something that has an aux port built in, usb, plays mp3's, and no 6 disc changer since that's really not needed anymore.

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
What many have done. I removed the obsolete factory stereo and replace it with something that is more up to date...you know; something that has an aux port built in, usb, plays mp3's, and no 6 disc changer since that's really not needed anymore.
cool

·
Registered
3,765 Posts
what do you mean by small group loop? it is either sound from the track on your cd, or it is simply a bad solder connection. if everything is done perfect, the sound should be perfectly crystal. Did you use the built in ground, or some place else?
Typo. Its a ground loop. I just grounded to the cd player case.

Wish I could do that but C5s can't hold a 2 din without buying a whole new aftermarket centre console.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts