Pontiac GTO Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
358 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Any one else have trouble playing CD-RW's or CD-R's? I tried to play one last night and the CD player spit it back out and said "error".:confused

·
Registered
381 Posts
The lense on the CD player is probably not capable of reading a CD/RW. Most CD players will have a hard time playing them if at all. The CD reader on your computer however is designed for this kind of thing. Hope this helps.

·
Registered
53 Posts
It's probably te way it was "burned". Were the audio files converted to wav by your cd burn software? Or were the files still left as mp3? The stock head unit cannot play mp3's.

·
Registered
3,541 Posts
John Millican said:
It's probably te way it was "burned". Were the audio files converted to wav by your cd burn software? Or were the files still left as mp3? The stock head unit cannot play mp3's.
:agree

·
Registered
304 Posts
I never had a problem with CD-Rs. Call me crazy, but I only use CD-Rs in the car this way I can care less if they get all scratched up. I believe they get burned as a .wav format, not 100% sure though, but they work!

·
Registered
358 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
They were coverted. After doing a little digging I've found out that you have to use CD-R's not CD-RW's. And also burn them at slower speeds.

Thanks!
:cheers

·
Registered
910 Posts
purplehaze said:
The lense on the CD player is probably not capable of reading a CD/RW. Most CD players will have a hard time playing them if at all. The CD reader on your computer however is designed for this kind of thing. Hope this helps.
That is absolutey correct. CD RW will not play in any car.......!!!

·
Registered
22 Posts
I was able to play CD-RWs in my '99 Trans AM but I only found one brand which worked...Ricoh. So your statement is not entirely true.
CD-R worked perfectly fine all brands no problem. Don't know about the GTO I pick mine up on Saturday :party:

·
Registered
58 Posts
all i use is cd r's in the car with no problems, so it must be only cd rw's

1 - 11 of 11 Posts