Pontiac GTO Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Lacking an iPod input and control I decided to take advantage of the 6-disc CD changer and bought some CD-RW's (Verbatim brand) so I could re-burn different playlists if I decided to. Now I'm getting disc errors. Are CD-RW's incompatible or is there another brand of discs which work with the stock unit?

Thanks

·
Registered
113 Posts
i havent tried cd rw's, but i would first check all your burning settings first, maybe a different burning program like nero. i have had problems with windows media player when it comes to buring cd-r's which the gto head unit will deffinately play.

·
Registered
2,619 Posts
What format is the music on the disc? Remember, that unit won't play mp3's; on any type of disc. The use of CD-R's is mentioned in the owners manual but there is no mention of CD-RW's leading me to believe that they won't work in the stock Blaujunked unit......

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Most are AAC burned straight from iTunes as an audio CD. My CD-R's play without a hitch, which leads me to believe the RW's are the problem.

Thanks for the info guys, a stack of CD-R's are super cheap anyway.

·
Registered
2,619 Posts
I doubt that the OE unit actually plays AAC's. They might be AAC going in but your burn program converts them to some format that's compatible with the Blaupunkt.

·
Registered
3,765 Posts
I didn't even know you could still buy CD-RWs.... but our headunits suck. They will only play CD-R and you MUST burn them into an standard audio CD. No MP3, ect.

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I doubt that the OE unit actually plays AAC's. They might be AAC going in but your burn program converts them to some format that's compatible with the Blaupunkt.
You're right, iTunes is burning the discs as audio CD's.

·
Registered
2,619 Posts
As long a you're happy with it......that factory stereo is crap and I replaced it the first weekend I had the car.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts