Pontiac GTO Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
297 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I have finally reached the point in my 70 GTO restoration where the frame is ready to be a rolling chassis again. However, I can't decide if I want red or black PMD center caps and lug nuts. My car will be somewhere between Atoll Blue and a Midnight Blue, and I might even make the hood scoops, hood tach, and rear spoiler black, so that makes me want to go with black. But my brake calipers and shock absorbers are red, and red stands out more against the silver/charcoal grey wheels. I know it's all personal preference and either one will look good, but I'd still like to hear what the forum has to say. Any photos would be much appreciated.

·
Premium Member
7 Posts
Red or Black Centers

Personal preference takes precedence I guess unless you want to be build correct. Early 1970's were black centers with red letters and later (I think Feb 70) were Red with black letters. Mine is an Oct 69 build so it is Black with Red.
George

·
Premium Member
662 Posts
To answer your question a different way... you can't go wrong here. You describe red and black features you want to blend with. Black with red letters or red with black letters - you will match up nicely either way. I like the black with red letters. Matt

1 - 4 of 4 Posts