Pontiac GTO Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Good morning fellow GTOers... one of those things that's been on my list of things to do is to fix the light in the center console. Since I got my car, it has never illuminated. I assume there's a switch or a plunger somewhere to let the BCM know when to send juice to the connection but I can't seem to find it. I replaced the bulb already and obviously, no luck. The glove box light works fine and so does the trunk, just wondering if anyone here has had the same experience?

Thanks

·
Premium Member
293 Posts
In my '65 I replaced the bulb but it still wouldn't light up. took the screws out of the console and lifted it up, found the whole bulb/socket assy was sticking. Sprayed some electric contact cleaner in the plunger/socket, put it all back together and still no light. I then realized that I forgot to put the screws back into the console. Without the screws, no ground, the plunger/socket is a power fed only and the console acts as the ground in the circuit.

Since then no problems, by the way, my plunger/socket is a single orange wire into the plunger assy, it comes from the front dash harness. Hope this helps.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts