Pontiac GTO Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
2,473 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
What's the general reputation of the Centerforce clutch? The local speed shop is recommending one for my Holden...

·
Registered
2,100 Posts
Very good. Been around for years and have been known to produce solid product. I'd ask Steve at Alan Young Pontiac to weigh in this, though, as he's more up to date on this stuff than me. One very good option is to install an LS7 unit.

·
Registered
3,541 Posts
Had one in Fatbitch, get ready for a workout (even before I modified it)....
I would recommend the LS7 unit that b_a_ spoke of, it's just like stock as far as pedal stiffness and it doesn't slip until you put serious power down..... let me know and I'll hook you up on the LS7 clutch.:cheers

·
Registered
2,473 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
GTODEALER said:
Had one in Fatbitch, get ready for a workout (even before I modified it)....
I would recommend the LS7 unit that b_a_ spoke of, it's just like stock as far as pedal stiffness and it doesn't slip until you put serious power down..... let me know and I'll hook you up on the LS7 clutch.:cheers
Quote me for a full-up LS7 clutch kit, willya?

I'll PM you as well.

Thanks

·
Registered
2,473 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
GTODEALER said:
Have you researched the "other" site, there are many of them saying it's a direct fit......
Working it, baby.

I'm hoping so, as going with the LS7 stuff will save me nearly $200 over the Centerforce.

·
501 RWHP & 469 RWTQ
230 Posts
Groucho if you haven't bought one yet Spec has a stage 3+ clutch I had put in. Rated for up to 1000 HP. THE BEST PART IS YOU DON'T HAVE TO BE A WEIGHT LIFTER TO PUSH IT IN. I love it. Since I go to the track a lot and have 501 at the wheels I need some stout parts and that is one of them.

·
501 RWHP & 469 RWTQ
230 Posts
hey Groucho if you haven't bought one yet Spec makes a stage 3+ clutch that I had put in. It's rated for 900 to 1000 HP. The best part is you don't have to be a weight lifter to push it in. I love mine. I go to the track a lot and with 501 at the wheels I need some stout parts and that is one of them.

·
Registered
2,473 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Posted twice for emphasis?? :lol:

I'm hearing bad stuff about Centerforce in an LSx application, and am now leaning toward the OEM LS7, Spec or Textralia...

1 - 15 of 15 Posts