Pontiac GTO Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I need a minimum of 5 GTOs to go in on this to get the GP going.

I have a GP for dyno tuning set up with CCS tuning in Pflugerville, TX. www.ccstuning.com (Just north of Austin). This is open to STOCK '05 GTOs (Light mods OK. CAI, LTs, gears) $300 for a full dyno tune with A/F, Timing, Fan adjust, Torque Managment removal ETC.. Jim (The owner of CCS) has done tuning work for me in the past and I have been thrilled with his work.

Jim wants to perform the work on weekends beginning in late Sept.

If interested please post here or PM me..

·
Registered
6 Posts
Heh, I just broke 2000 miles on mine. I'm interested - $300 for a full dyno tune sounds like a very sweet deal. I can't believe that shop has been "sitting under my nose" in Puh-flugerville. I could throw a rock and hit the shop from where I work.

I just wish I had a bit more time. I want to install "light" mods (LT's, CAI and a catback), and all that isn't in the budget just yet. I'd need an idea of what Jim would charge to re-tune after adding a mod. If it's expensive, then it would make more sense for me to wait until I get everything installed.

I'll probably drop by the shop tomorrow to check it out... can't wait to meet "the Man" :D

·
Registered
6 Posts
BTW, I can't wait to get rid of that DAMN SKIP SHIFT, and lean the engine out a bit. With the price of gasoline going friggin crazy, I've been driving in "granny-mode" for the daily commute, just to squeeze out a few more MPG's :shutme

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
YaXMaN said:
Heh, I just broke 2000 miles on mine. I'm interested - $300 for a full dyno tune sounds like a very sweet deal. I can't believe that shop has been "sitting under my nose" in Puh-flugerville. I could throw a rock and hit the shop from where I work.

I just wish I had a bit more time. I want to install "light" mods (LT's, CAI and a catback), and all that isn't in the budget just yet. I'd need an idea of what Jim would charge to re-tune after adding a mod. If it's expensive, then it would make more sense for me to wait until I get everything installed.

I'll probably drop by the shop tomorrow to check it out... can't wait to meet "the Man" :D
You gonna go see Jim? Tell him Buddy sent you and that I should be calling him in a couple of days. I almost have the 5 GTOs rounded up. You might want to bring a spare set of ears... He is apt to talk 'em off if he is not busy... :willy:

·
Registered
6 Posts
eldodroptop said:
You gonna go see Jim? Tell him Buddy sent you and that I should be calling him in a couple of days. I almost have the 5 GTOs rounded up. You might want to bring a spare set of ears... He is apt to talk 'em off if he is not busy... :willy:
HAHA It might be the other way around! Don't get me started talkin about cars, especially my car :rofl: I don't have a fraction of the technical experience Jim has, but I definitely enjoy talking and learning about tuning. I'll tell him ya sent me

I haven't done any "formal" racing other than SCCA autocross several years ago, so I'd be a total newb at the track. I've seen what some of those morons have done their first time out on videos.streetfire.net - I don't want to be one of "those guys" HEHE

If you guys are heading out to a test & tune night this month, I'd sure like to know

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.