Pontiac GTO Forum banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Super Moderator
8,433 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Journeying to the dark side... ain't a Pontiac but almost as good
2009 Challenger SRT-8 Hemi Orange... fully optioned.

It has a His-Her's shifter. Chrysler calls it Auto Stick, works the same. Sales kid never heard of Hurst shifter like this. It sounds like manual shifting when going through the gears, downshifting feels the same. Just missing a clutch. Feels as fast as my '05 GTO.

Had my eye on one for a while..... the price was a "steal." Could not pass it up.

P1040744.JPG P1040739.JPG

P1040743.JPG P1040740.JPG

P1040742.JPG

·
Former Moderator
3,523 Posts
Nice, nice, nice...... :eek: :cheers A Challenger is on my short list................:)

·
Super Moderator
8,433 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I woke up in the middle of the night and I swear I seen Chielf Pontiac standing beside my bed, arms folded shaking his head staring at me. I checked my scalp and its still there......

I don't know why Pontiac didn't keep their version of the dual gate and offer it in other cars. I use it in my '70 now and then when I want to stomp it. It's fun to use. Chrysler took it and ran with it.

·
Super Moderator
8,433 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
NOOOOOOOOO NONE of my Pontiac's were harmed or replaced in the addition of this car...... the '05 is right now, all spotless in the garage with a battery tender hooked to it.....

2004 Grand-AM GT with the SCT package
2005 GTO SAP
1970 GTO
2002 Trans-Am WS.6
2009 Challenger SRT8
2007 RAM 1500 Quad 4x4

The Pontiacs are going nowhere. :)

The '70 is snot fast..... but my money would be on the '05 GTO and the Challenger. Quickness, the '70 is real fast at launch but down the strip, I don't think it will take it.... Challenger= 425 HP. However for fun to drive....... Judge wins hands down. :) no contest.

·
Super Moderator
8,433 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
The deal fell into my lap... Just over 9K under dealer KBB for certified used and 4200 under KBB private seller. Dealership took a hit on it was on lot 4 months tying up inventory.. I happened to see it on car guru.... gave them a really low-ball price, they met it all within 200.00. Ida been a fool to pass on it. It looks new smells new and its OMG fast. It was about the same price as I have seen loaded RT's going for.. I just happened to see it at the right time and called.

Called the dealership it was sold at gave VIN and got a history in service records.. the car is immaculate. Still shaking my head at the deal.

·
Super Moderator
8,433 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Brought it home 2 hours on the turnpike...... I was driving the Trans-am, wife was driving the Challenger. We had a blast, wife has the need for speed.

·
Super Moderator
8,433 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
After a thorough cleaning, Clay bar, polish, glaze and Americana wax all from Adams Polishes, the car looks showroom.

Nearly 9K under KBB from a dealer 4200 under KBB for private sale. I made out.

Autostick is cool, manual with no clutch. Got a chance to compare this to my '05 GTO. Both are very close in power, this car is a bit heavier. The ride is comparable to the GTO both are luxury cars with snap. On the open highway, both drive similar. Leather, the GTO is noted for poor leather this is obvious in seam splits, the leather in this is top grade. The stereo system, not even close huge subwoffer in trunk adds to the sound. It gets that loud you can't stand it and no distortion. I have a ton of music stored on the HD and the quality of sound is amazing. Dodge had their act together in the design of this car.

P1040756.JPG P1040757.JPG

P1040766.JPG P1040761.JPG

P1040771.JPG

·
Registered
855 Posts
Nice!! Hope GM is watching what us Pontiac owners are buying now. Going to drive one myself one day..Les

·
Former Moderator
3,523 Posts
Whether you like them or hate them, retro looking cars have been the rage for a while now. Too bad Pontiac didn't get into the game......

·
Super Moderator
8,433 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
GM is set in coercing people into buying cars they don't want. The Volt was the biggest scam they tried to pull, even as sales were in the bottom of the barrel they still tried to promote sales as good and picking up.

While GM is building many cars people don't want and they stumble further into the abyss, the others are rebounding. GM can fold for all I care. The Feds got their wish with their bait and switch tactic they can kill GM too, they're on their way.

·
Former Super Moderator
9,919 Posts
Whether you like them or hate them, retro looking cars have been the rage for a while now. Too bad Pontiac didn't get into the game......
I totally agree. The new GTO's look more like a Taurus then a classic GTO.
What I really would have loved to see would be something like three throttle bodies on top of the LS motors mimicking a Tri-Power!! Now that would be cool!!

1 - 20 of 20 Posts