Pontiac GTO Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
well, i did it. i traded the 04 with 38k for the 06 with 7k. i got exactly what i wanted this time, the impulse blue with blue leather. there are some interesting details, some i knew, some i didn't, that are different on this one. first, the ones that are commonly known: dead pedal, different font on gauges, LS2, bigger brakes (wow, what a difference!), faster seats, exterior changes. now for some that took me by surprise: a button on the center console to lock/unlock the doors, buttons on the steering wheel are now lighted, the mph/kmh light is not so bright and has more of a blueish hue (the 04 was so dang bright!), the compartment under the stereo is now a slide out ash tray, and slightly different design of the blinker/wiper stalks. it's kinda weird that gm made some of these changes. i don't think going through the trouble of adding a door lock button is going to increase sales. i guess it's good to see they are doing some things just to make their customers happier. anyway, just thought i would share.

·
Registered
569 Posts
I didn't know the 06 has a dead pedal- I wish my 05 did! Are the bigger brakes an 06 thing or did the 05's have them too? Salesman told me they were identical, I think they were just trying to move the 05 though so he would say anything :(.
Joe

·
Registered
455 Posts
It's not really a dead pedal, like most people are used to where, it has grooves or some textures and looks like a pedal.

Instead, it's kind of a raised flat area on the floor. Personally, I find it too "sunken in" to be of much use.. I have short legs and small feet though.

·
Registered
78 Posts
only other thng to add...slide out ash tray has cigarette lighter that can be used as power outlet for cell phone charger or similar application.

Personally I can't be happier with my '06 I'm sure u feel the same way sno-rydr.

Justin

·
Registered
569 Posts
Clueless said:
It's not really a dead pedal, like most people are used to where, it has grooves or some textures and looks like a pedal.

Instead, it's kind of a raised flat area on the floor. Personally, I find it too "sunken in" to be of much use.. I have short legs and small feet though.
*That's* the dead pedal? Wow, ok so yeah mine has it. Just too sunken in as you said and too tight between the clutch pedal and the kick panel to really rest my foot comfortably there. I have short legs and small feet too, but I still can barely fit my foot between there lol.
Joe

·
Registered
142 Posts
sno-rydr said:
well, i did it. i traded the 04 with 38k for the 06 with 7k. i got exactly what i wanted this time, the impulse blue with blue leather. there are some interesting details, some i knew, some i didn't, that are different on this one. first, the ones that are commonly known: dead pedal, different font on gauges, LS2, bigger brakes (wow, what a difference!), faster seats, exterior changes. now for some that took me by surprise: a button on the center console to lock/unlock the doors, buttons on the steering wheel are now lighted, the mph/kmh light is not so bright and has more of a blueish hue (the 04 was so dang bright!), the compartment under the stereo is now a slide out ash tray, and slightly different design of the blinker/wiper stalks. it's kinda weird that gm made some of these changes. i don't think going through the trouble of adding a door lock button is going to increase sales. i guess it's good to see they are doing some things just to make their customers happier. anyway, just thought i would share.
What about the performance differance, are the extra 50 horses that much differant?

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.