Pontiac GTO Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
197 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hey are the gto's still having the problem with the brake fluid? a while back guys were saying to change the brake fluid to synthetic as soon as you got the car. and also what about changing the clutch slave cylinder over to synthetic? thanks

·
Registered
304 Posts
Well I not only changed the brake fluid, I changed to stainless brake lines (Stop-Tech) as well. I HATED the brake pedal feel on this car and was not about to let it go on. Brakes are as, or more important than any other component on a car........IMO. Now I'm replacing the brake pads as well. If that doesn't give me the pedal "feel" I'm looking for the rotors are next. It WILL be done right........

JET

·
Registered
674 Posts
JET,
How much fluid did your system take? The dealer changed my brakes to ATE super blue. I supplied the fluid, and it feels like they gave me half a liter back.

GNX, you worry too damn much. yes they are a little spongy, but they were not dangerous.

·
Registered
410 Posts
It is common for a GTO to come from the factory with air in the brake lines. Brake fluid often looks dirty, could be from the long sea trip with humidity absorbtion or from the dark grease they use to install the brake components. I had to flush twice before I got the air out. The clutch looked too hard to do so I evacuated the resevoir and refilled with fresh Valvoline SynPower.

·
Registered
304 Posts
Tom said:
JET,
How much fluid did your system take? The dealer changed my brakes to ATE super blue. I supplied the fluid, and it feels like they gave me half a liter back.

GNX, you worry too damn much. yes they are a little spongy, but they were not dangerous.
Don't know Tom, shop did it for me. I'll ask them on Wed. when they change out the brake pads.

JET

·
Registered
674 Posts
GNX231 said:
i got a 2006 cyclone grey m6 on dec. 17th thanks bro car is outstanding i posted some pics a while ago but they never showed up in the gallery
NIIIIIIICE!!!!!!

Enjoy. I think they may have figured out how to properly fill the brakes, and screw the reservoir cap on a little beter since my 04 was made.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.