Pontiac GTO Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
460 Posts
WOW :eek: Eric, that looks wicked cool. VERY clean.

I may have missed earlier threads but that looks very hi-tech for an "old goat" what all you got going on there? I see the rack and pinion, what else does that hold in store for the poncho soon to be mated with it?

And again, that is just super cool, I am very jealous.
:cheers

·
Premium Member
4,703 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Here are a couple better pics.... The chassis is non-GM. It is a custom design, fabricated by http://www.streetrod garage.com. It is all powder coated, done here in N.Y. by Rainbow Powdercoating. It will now go to the body shop to have the rear clip re-installed and body worked. Thanks, Eric:cheers:party:

Attachments

·
Premium Member
4,703 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I like the rear sway bars too....the front is kinda similar. Can't wait to see paint.....NOW, I gotta go torture the "Engine guy"........Thanks Fellas, Eric

·
Registered
148 Posts
WOW! That is work of art. Question- R U dropping the motor and trans in before the body gets dropped back on the chassis? Most guys could sit and admire that chassis and drink lots of adult beverages before going any further....:D

·
Premium Member
4,703 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
The body is getting done, then the nose will be removed and the engine and tranny installed. Then nose back on, and body trimmed out......I love to do things 3 or 4 times....:willy: E P.S. I am gonna miss that bare chassis in the garage!!!

·
Registered
686 Posts
Poor engine man. Make sure you bring the new pics and keep saying I hope the engine looks and runs a thousand times better then the frame looks.

So have you figured out a way to get it into the living room for the winter yet.

·
Premium Member
4,703 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
"the end of August"....gonna run a beefed up 4L80e tranny with a Continental brand torque converter (OD lockup)......

·
Premium Member
4,703 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
HAD a great career, Wife has a great career and......NO KIDS! I consider myself very fortunate in those respects (except on Halloween and Christmas(kids)).....Unfortunately I have some "substantial" health issues.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts