Pontiac GTO Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
83 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
As you know i recently bought a 06 black on black goat. Now im looking to get the SAP grill cause i love how it looks with the black. Wheres the cheapest place to buy? im sure its not cheap from GM. i was thinking fredbeans.com? anyone know anyone else cheaper? Also how long does it take to install?

·
Registered
2,100 Posts
Fred Beans is good. Dublin GMC Buick Pontiac is something like a buck more. Depending on where you live, you could save a couple of bucks on shipping.

I put in a set of painted SAPs not too long ago. Here are a few things to keep in mind:

1. You really need to be careful removing the front bumper from the hooks underneath the headlights. Otherwise, you're going to break the hook bracket -- which will screw your bumper up if you can't repair it. No joke.

2. If you're getting the bezels painted, you're better off removing the grille from it instead of masking. Just sand the adhesive off the tabs and you're all set.

3. The razor blade like things that hold the SAP assembly to the front bumper really, really stink. The best way to put them on is to position them loosely in place with your fingers -- just push them down with a set of needle nose pliers.

Good luck. Overall, it's pretty straightforward. $200 for the grilles. $75 for paint. Around 45 minutes for the install.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.