Pontiac GTO Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
314 Posts
What are you expecting them to do? It's a well documented fact that these cars ship with an extremely high tire pressure to prevent nipples.

·
Premium Member
2,626 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
sboylan said:
What are you expecting them to do? It's a well documented fact that these cars ship with an extremely high tire pressure to prevent nipples.
every body dont no this. " Yes i like to but a gto and by the way did you let the tire pressure out to 35-40 psi ? :rofl: give me and the rest of us a break

·
Registered
565 Posts
JTYLER1604 said:
Yeah - I would definately have some words to share with the dealer about not prepping your car properly and then failing again to insure your tires were properly inflated when you got your oil change. "Frickin Idiots - Gawd"
I hate that movie so much.... :shutme

·
Registered
2,100 Posts
EEZ GOAT said:
i drove over 3,000 on 60+psi
Agreed, the dealer did you wrong two times (not setting pressures correctly upon delivery and telling you they checked the tire pressure when they did not), but it's ultimately your car and your responsibility for getting it set up right.

That said, you do have a valid complaint with the dealership. Talk to their general manager and get an apology and some kind of compensation (like a couple of free synthethic oil changes). Glad you solved the problem. Good luck.

·
Premium Member
2,626 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
b_a_betterperson said:
Agreed, the dealer did you wrong two times (not setting pressures correctly upon delivery and telling you they checked the tire pressure when they did not), but it's ultimately your car and your responsibility for getting it set up right.

That said, you do have a valid complaint with the dealership. Talk to their general manager and get an apology and some kind of compensation (like a couple of free synthethic oil changes). Glad you solved the problem. Good luck.
i left 2 messages for the general manager in two days. he will not call me back. i think i will go up there tomorrow. :mad:

·
Registered
565 Posts
EEZ GOAT said:
i left 2 messages for the general manager in two days. he will not call me back. i think i will go up there tomorrow. :mad:
After learning a lesson from the master of confronting people...b a betterperson... walk in there like you're ready to kick ass and bust skulls. You should get some results :rolleyes:

Don't take me literally ;)

·
Premium Member
2,626 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
RiceEater said:
After learning a lesson from the master of confronting people...b a betterperson... walk in there like you're ready to kick ass and bust skulls. You should get some results :rolleyes:

Don't take me literally ;)
i went in today and talked to the gm. he said someone was to call me. but they did not. i told him about my tires and he said sry and went to get the service dept gm. he said they was to check my tires at my oil change. they did not. the pontiac gm said he will get it taken care of and before i left i saw a service tech checking the other gto's and letting air out of them(ie to much psi). well maybe they will give me an oil change or 2 :party:

·
Registered
195 Posts
Don't feel band EEZ, I did the exact same thing. It's hard to get upset at the dealer, they don't give a rats dimply ass about you or your car. It's the unfortunate truth that I've realized time and time again.

Just pray that you have as little problems with the car as possible and eagerly await the day that you're cut from the whole mess (3yr/36000 miles). ;)

Nothing for me but privately owned used vehicles in the future. I've been bit hard twice by dealers. Trust no one during a new car purchase. End of rant.

·
Registered
565 Posts
It all depends on the specific dealer. As could be expected, some are much better than others. I know the one I bought from (McNamara Pontiac) is absolutely amazing. They are a complete godsend and I don't know what I would have done without them.

·
Registered
314 Posts
To drive 3000 miles without ever checking your tire pressure is pretty bad car management. I drive 110 miles/day and I have probably saved 2 tires by checking air pressure once a week.

FYI: It takes approx. 2 minutes to check, plus you can gain 5-7% gas mileage with accurate readings.

·
Registered
2,473 Posts
sboylan said:
To drive 3000 miles without ever checking your tire pressure is pretty bad car management. I drive 110 miles/day and I have probably saved 2 tires by checking air pressure once a week.

FYI: It takes approx. 2 minutes to check, plus you can gain 5-7% gas mileage with accurate readings.
Indeed.

I drive 230 miles every day, and keep a digital pressure gauge in my glovebox at all times. My Dunlop FM901s have been on my car for 37,000 miles now...they are just about due for replacement, but I am absolutely shocked that they've lasted as long as they have. I have 18" shoes on my '04, and keep the pressure a tad on the high side at 38 psi.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts