Pontiac GTO Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
102 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Mom and I decided to go in to Ft Wayne to check out a GTO, a 2004 M6 Black/Black with 3,000 miles...

Rode really nice, first time I ever drove a GTO. All I'm used to is my GTP, I got on the throttle a couple times, a couple 3rd to 2nd downshifts, torque is phenominal compared to the ol' GTP... Got back, was expecting about 19,000 to be the price (well, that was my offer was price wasn't really "discussed"), he wants 24,000 firm for it!

No thanks, and walked away. Was a very fun ride, my GTO wanting just doubled, time to start a couple more websites to try to get some sort of extra income...

Just figured I would share the story. :cheers

·
Registered
57 Posts
Lifer ..

Hang in there. You'll find the right car at the right price when the time is right. Keep saving.

Back in '82 I had a friend in college who drove a Piece of $hit '73 (?)Ford Torino. I'm pretty sure the rust was the only thing holding it together. Any time anyone would ask him why he didn't get a new car his answer was alwayss the same: "I'm saving my money for a Porsche."

When we graduated in '83, he got a job and within 30 days was driving a '76 Porsche 911. Today, he still drives a 911 (black, 3.6 Turbo) and has never looked back.

Keep the Faith.

·
Registered
418 Posts
find a list online of all the dealers that still have 04s and call them. My freind just bought a brand new 04 six speed with 30miles on it for $24K ,,it was a couple states away but even with plane ticket and gas back it was under 25K . I paid $20k for mine with 3k miles, flew up to NJ and drove it back 1000miles,probably spent another $500 on ticket and gas . He found many dealers willing to sell under 23k but he wanted a specific combo (yellow + six speed) so he paid alittle extra.
Some dealers are desperate to unload and some are just scammers/dreamers waiting for a sucker.. If your not willing to go far to get one youll probably pay a premuim however..

example:
this one sold for 19K
http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/NO-R...4572239019QQcategoryZ7244QQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

·
Registered
65 Posts
HTRDLNCN said:
find a list online of all the dealers that still have 04s and call them. My freind just bought a brand new 04 six speed with 30miles on it for $24K ,,it was a couple states away but even with plane ticket and gas back it was under 25K . I paid $20k for mine with 3k miles, flew up to NJ and drove it back 1000miles,probably spent another $500 on ticket and gas . He found many dealers willing to sell under 23k but he wanted a specific combo (yellow + six speed) so he paid alittle extra.
Some dealers are desperate to unload and some are just scammers/dreamers waiting for a sucker.. If your not willing to go far to get one youll probably pay a premuim however..

example:
this one sold for 19K
http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/NO-R...4572239019QQcategoryZ7244QQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem
Aren't there any residency requirements that apply when purchasing a vehicle? I distinctly remember seeing the phrase "residency restrictions" apply on just about every advertisement for car I see. Any insight on this? Thank you.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.