Pontiac GTO Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Banned
1,196 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
OK, winter is coming. I need some cheap wheels for snow tires. So far the front runner is the Voxx MG for $112 each online at Discount Tire Direct. Does anyone know of a cheaper wheel for the Goat?

Also, I'm looking at the Dunlop Winter Sport M3 or the Bridgestone Blizzak WS50. The Dunlops appear to be a much better performance tire (V rated 150 mph) but give up a little ice and snow traction to the Blizzak (Q rated 99mph).

Does anyone have experience with either tire on a GTO?

·
Registered
141 Posts
When I ordered Voxx's from them, they told me the quality wasn't very good and directed me to a set of Fitipaldi's. I got them at cost so the price difference wasn't that bad. I don't know what "deal" I really got, being the suspicious type, but I'm happy with the Fitipaldi's and get many compliments. They aren't on the site anymore though.

The Blizzaks are great! I've had them on the GTO last year and had no problems. My driving habits in Wisconsin winters is more tame than my summer driving to be sure. I've also had them on a couple of Caravans and a MB E420. Have heard good things about the Dunlops, but no experience with them.

·
Registered
674 Posts
i had M2s on my Z28 and was happy. i have blizzak LM-22s on my GTO and am also happy. i think you are splitting hairs at a certain point.

i bought my GTO wheels as a set used from ebay off a bmw M3. i almost bought a set from a place called cheapwheels.com i believe. he had discontinued TSW and other brand rims pretty cheap. I found him on ebay.

also, check the classifieds. i got a set of stock rims pretty cheap from a relatively local guy. I bought them because i curbed one rim and am leasing the car.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.