Pontiac GTO Forum banner

Chicago

14K views 71 replies 31 participants last post by  bones 
#1 ·
Anyone from Chicago or the Chicago area? Would be cool to know other GTO owners and discuss possibilities/modifications for the GTO.

#72 ·
Think I've seen your car before. I live in Mt. Prospect as well. :cheers I have a 96 m6 Z28 Camaro on z06 rims. If you see a black Z with z06 style z28 badges on the road give a holler! I highly doubt there is another one identical to me in town at least. :D Getting my GTO in a couple of months. :party:

#4 ·
Nice to know I got local owners on this board. :party: hey, whoisthepac, how do you like that SLP 421 Bobcat package? Did you feel a big difference in performance after installing everything? I'm thinking of getting that in the near future. Hey tabes117, enjoy the '05 on the twisties and going 120mph+ I live in the southside of chi-town just north of midway airport.

#6 ·
Never heard of Bussie Woods. Where is it nearby? What Highways is close to it? what are the streets right by it? I go to different places in the southside. Like Back of the Yards or by 103rd and Doty or by Joliet Rd. So many places, so little gas :rofl:

#19 ·
sounds good to me we should all meet up after winter maybe at the woods of something take some pics and just hang out look forward to seeing u guys :cheers

#23 ·
Just curious since were all in the cold how are you guys car handling? I just picked up my goat a week ago and havent really tested it much because I had a little ditch accident. Thank god my car is fine and nobody else hurt, I guess I didnt think 400 rwd would be such a beast on a turn with freezin cold weather(dumd idea). Otherwise I can't wait till it at least gets warmer so I can do some more praticing and testing out the true beast! How are you guys doin with the weather? Is anyone having issues or problems in the cold? Tips, Ideas?

#24 ·
well my car sleeps in the winter unless there's no snow on the ground or salt then it comes out for a nice joy ride then goes back to sleep not a daily driver for me :cheers

#25 ·
winter

joey, i dont know if u know it or not ,but if your stock tires are summer tires they are not meant to be in the cold, especially below 40.i bought my car around oct or nov of last year and the dealer didnt mention to me about the car having summer tires,the 1st snow we had here i almost wrecked my car.

#28 ·
joey, i dont know if u know it or not ,but if your stock tires are summer tires they are not meant to be in the cold, especially below 40.i bought my car around oct or nov of last year and the dealer didnt mention to me about the car having summer tires,the 1st snow we had here i almost wrecked my car.
The tires that come with the 17s are actually All Season Tires. BFG gForce T/A KDWS

Therefore he may, or may not, have summer tires. It depends on which wheels he got.

#26 ·
Joey, my advice to you is to drive very cautiously and slow (speed limit) during the winter. The car's tires are not meant for cold nor winter in general. You can get by in the winter as long as you drive carefully but you shouldn't test out the car until it gets about 60 degrees out and the road is dry. 400hp is a lot of power, people have gotten by with cars that only have like 90hp ( old school civics :rofl: ) but that's just for daily driving. 400hp is pure sinful pleasure :seeya: drive safe (until spring comes :D ) and remember black ice and wet roads are killers!

#30 ·
The quickest way is to check the tread pattern, but if you dont know what a winter tread would look like compared to a summer only tread then just look at the tire wall, write down the name and model of the tire and look it up on the internet. One of the main descriptions of a tire is whether it is summer, winter, all season, touring, performance, blah blah....... tires. Or if you bought the car new then it should be all season performance tires.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.