Pontiac GTO Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
265 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Its the 3rd Saturday of the month, except for Dec and Jan, so Nov 20th will be the last one until Feb.

I'd sure like to see a bunch of 04's joining me in the parking lot. You see, as each meeting begins, they give a tally of the GTOs in the parking lot. Most of the classic guys will have tucked theirs away for the winter now, so I think it would be a real kick if there'd be a large number of 04's out there showing that they are tough enough to be out there still. ;)

4PM at:
Mr. Beef & Pizza
1796 Elmhurst Rd.
Mt. Prospect, IL

Location is North of the Northwest Toll Road (I-90) on Elmhurst Road just North of Algonquin Road (Route 62) on the West side of Elmhurst Road. Nice weather? Expect to see GTO's in the parking lot!

Come on out!

---Larry

·
Registered
265 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
The meeting is SATURDAY. Post corrected to reflect the 20th.

The meeting is open to guests, a few guys few bring their wives. You'll be told who to see IF you wish to join, but there's no pressure to do so. When they spot a new face, you will get to stand up, introduce yourself, and tell what year car you have etc.

I went to my first meeting because I didn't know what a GTO club does. I've been to two or three now and I still don't - but I found them to be a very friendly bunch of guys, all very proud of their cars - and rightly so as they have some reallllly nice ones. The meeting last about an hour.

Come on out!

---Larry

·
Registered
265 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
04 Owners - EXTRA INCENTIVE!!!

Folks - I've been chatting with the club President about a "Track Day" at one of the Chicago area drag strips. I figure it'd be a cool thing for a car club to do... AND we could settle the 04 vs TriPower debate.

The president is going to bring this up at Saturday's meeting to see what kind of interest level there would be. So it will be good to have a good 04 showing to say that we are up to the challenge for the title of Fastest GTO!!!

I think it will be a lot of fun and it will be a good way to get a lot of practice in, since the strip will be just the club. Obviously this won't be till spring.

---Larry

·
Registered
74 Posts
Keep us posted if you end up doing the track day. Hopefully my '05 will show up at the dealer by then...

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.