Pontiac GTO Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello All,

I have owned my goat for 22 years...found it on the side of a road in Allentown, NJ. Person (an older woman) had two convertibles; Cadillac and the goat...since the Cadi was an automatic and she ate through the clutch every 3 months, she got rid of it...great for me!!!

I dont drive the car as much I would like since I have a 2 year old. But if I can secure a child seat...my son loves the car in the driveway and I am sure he will be thrilled on the open road...although it is windy in the back.

My dillema is that I have not been able to find a way to secure a child seat in the back. The lap belt is fine to put at the base of the child seat but how do I secure the back-top of the child seat. I was wondering if anyone had dealt with this issue...I am open to all suggestions.

Thanks,

70Goat

·
Registered
8 Posts
I feel your pain...I have a 67 conv. and I had the same problem. I know it is not what you want to hear, but I waited until the kids were old enough to sit in a booster seat and started taking them around in the neighborhood. The lap belt is all they have now with that booster seat and back piece. I am still not (real) comfortable doing that, but...we do it occasionally.

I just thought of something that I should have tried...maybe you can get a strap long enough to reach into the trunk. Open the trunk and find a place to secure it, and run it through to the back of the carseat, then close the trunk. It may not look the best, but it may work.??

·
64-67 Expert
8,569 Posts
...........yeah, Jumping up and down, running back and forth across the seats, and only getting in trouble if you knocked the plaid, bean-bag ashtray off of the top of the metal dash!!!! No seatbelts, both parents smoking like trains, AM radio turned up over the wind noise. Childhood was A-OK!!!!

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thank you all for the information, I will try it this weekend to see if I feel comfortabe enough to put a kid in it. I know how it was back when no car seats required and most of us are here to talk about it but today is a different story.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts