Pontiac GTO Forum banner

1 - 20 of 45 Posts

·
Registered
1,356 Posts
I know I am a selfish one, but my wife said that I could get whatever I wanted for myself. Well I have officially kicked her car out of the garage. :rofl:

Here is my new beauty. I got her today.

A 78 Trans Am with its original 400 block from Pontiac. I have always loved this year.

All the lines on the car are straight, even the front bumper which has a tendency to wave through the years. The headliner has one small grease stain. But the back seats look like they have never been sat in.

It was a no option car (not even tilt steering wheel) with auto. But I personally think its was a steal of a buy for $4000.00

PS. I had a friend who is a picture nut take all of these. I have double this # in my computer. If Mike needs them. HAHA. Mikey...host these things so everyone can see them without hitting the links.

·
Registered
1,356 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks Randy! I somehow screwed up the submission to the forum with those. I have no idea how I did that.

Anyways the car needs some TLC in the engine compartment looks wise, but I assure you she can throw a nice pair of black strips.

i just wished I had the original window sticker and stuff like that.

·
Registered
1,356 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Yup. Already worked on it a little yesterday.

BTW - My wifey is not too happy with it. She thought I was going to mod the GTO. Which I legitimately was going to do until I saw this offer on another forum. I could not turn down this beauty. She told me I have to build another garage now. We have a 3 car garage and I take up three spots now. We were going to use that for her Solstice. <sigh>

So here is the tally
$4000.00 for the car
$900.00 for the shipping
$600 for tag and tax

Having to pay an additional $10,000 for another three car garage. PRICELESS!!!!!

·
Super Moderator
5,146 Posts
dealernut said:
Thanks Randy! I somehow screwed up the submission to the forum with those. I have no idea how I did that.

Anyways the car needs some TLC in the engine compartment looks wise, but I assure you she can throw a nice pair of black strips.

i just wished I had the original window sticker and stuff like that.
I reloaded all 15 to your photos, go to Pontiac Historic Services for a documentation package on that car, Here is a sample of the Package

·
Registered
1,356 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
HELL yeah thanks Randy. i knew someone somewhere would have those. Ordered mine right now. Thanks man.

Also got my Chevelle one. WHOO HOO!!!!

·
Registered
1,356 Posts
Discussion Starter #16 (Edited)
OH HAHA!!!!!! Were you bored Mike?

I have pics of my cars at home. I am not sure I will have room in my signature. Actually my Chevelle is on a web site. So here is my Chevelle. I will send them to you though.

·
Registered
1,356 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
So the wifey took the TA to work yesterday. She now loves the car. Everyone was commenting on the car to her and of course she loves the power of it. I need to be careful with this girl. She is becoming a power junkie. She took the GTO today to work and has been subtly hinting to getting the Mallett Conversion on the Solstice.

B

·
0 Posts
here is what you do. That video I posted of the 1000+ hp camaro? Have her drive that, in the rain, on a 50 degree day. THEN see how much she likes power. :lol:

1 - 20 of 45 Posts