Pontiac GTO Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Banned
2,777 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So, yesterday was my birthday, and I was obviously a little cocky, as I burned through six gallons in 110 miles:willy: after filling up in the morning. I had a lot of fun getting the rear to break loose/chirp all over rolling along in 1st & 2nd.

Anyways, I gave er from a light in first on my way home, and saw a cop pull out into the opposite direction from the bank about a block down who stared daggers into me, but couldn't do anything since I only took it up to 35, the legal limit. In doing so, I nuzzled up next to an SRT-8 300 inadvertently at the next light 2 blocks down at the county line, so I knew the cop would no longer be an issue. He saw this as an invitation to race, which wasn't my intention initially, but I was game. He revved it lightly on the red, I looked over and saw an executive-type, clean cut with a suit & tie on. We both nailed it (even though I had to feather a bit since my tires are slip-happy on the dig and past 4k) on the green and he hung with me through first, but I started to pull as I banged 2nd (heard him chirp with his auto too, I was impressed), and by the top of 2nd I had almost a full length on him, where I was satisfied and shut down.

Even though I got the W, I still want some more mods. :lol:

·
Banned
2,777 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Jeez you put me on the spot... :lol: I posted the list in another thread with weights, but I can't seem to find it at the moment...

I pulled the tow brace (including the plastic cover & hardware), gas tank cage & mounts, exhaust shields, skid plate, FRCS, hood liner, scoop plugs, spare, jack, chocks, and cut 33lbs with the new catback.

I still want that radio & a/c gone for a few extra.

·
Registered
3,765 Posts
Good job. I smoked an R/T AWD Charger off the line awhile back. I was really shocked and thought he was gonna get me til 3rd gear.

I've never played with a 300C SRT-8. Honestly, I've only seen maybe 2 so far. I see tons of Challengers, Chargers, and Jeeps though.

·
Registered
3,376 Posts
Jeez you put me on the spot... :lol: I posted the list in another thread with weights, but I can't seem to find it at the moment...

I pulled the tow brace (including the plastic cover & hardware), gas tank cage & mounts, exhaust shields, skid plate, FRCS, hood liner, scoop plugs, spare, jack, chocks, and cut 33lbs with the new catback.

I still want that radio & a/c gone for a few extra.
Leave all the creature comforts, just throw a 100 shot on it and call it good.

·
Registered
1,451 Posts
I got to run a 300 C SRT8 about 3 years ago when I was back home in Chicago visiting family. We didn't go from a dig. We were already running on the interstate and pulled up next to each other running 65ish. I had about 2 cars on him at 100-110 and shut down. He too was a white collar snooty bastard. Didn't smile or wave or thumbs up when I slowed down and let him get back up beside me. I only had a K&N cai and Diablosport can tune at the time (maybe my Borla cat-back, can't remember for sure, but don't think so).

The supervisor in the maintenance dept. here at work has one. Beautiful car. Probably the nicest car Chrystler has ever built. He won't race me. I'd have a huge weight advantage on him. He's a fat pig, around 350 lbs, lol. The maintenance supervisor before him had a Crossfire SRT6. He wouldn't race me either. All these white collar Detroit Chrystler refugees down here with their toys, and nobody wants to play, lol.

·
Banned
2,777 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Leave all the creature comforts, just throw a 100 shot on it and call it good.
Nay, cut the weight, then add power... :D I have outlandish plans for Lexan and CF goodies once I graduate. I want to break the 3400 mark without anyone noticing.

I'm getting a Braille battery next time around, too.

·
Registered
282 Posts
Nay, cut the weight, then add power... :D I have outlandish plans for Lexan and CF goodies once I graduate. I want to break the 3400 mark without anyone noticing.

I'm getting a Braille battery next time around, too.
I have the 11 pound braille in the skittle. I checked it was more weight saving than a carbon fiber hood and alot cheaper. Actually has held up to the jersey winters so far also.

·
Registered
1,451 Posts
SRT cars are popping up all around me. The supervisor in the store room (think of it as a library but instead of books it's got airplane engine parts) just bought a 2009 Challenger SRT8 yesterday. Orange with black stripes, sunroof, 5 speed automatic, navigation, said he paid 35K for it. I'm not sure on the mileage. Another guy out on the floor just bought a Magnum SRT8 (my dream car other then a Z06/ZR1). I'm not sure on the year of the Magnum.

Both are stock, neither wants to race. There is also a Shelby GT rustang and a Saleen rustang (just the body kit and custom exhaust, no engine upgrades, basically stock 281) here at work that thinks its shat don't stink that won't race me. A few of the guys around here see the snake on the grill of the Shelby and are duped into thinking its a GT500, but I know better. They see the Saleen and think supercharge, again, I know better.

My damn Texas-Speed package that I was oh-so-proud of back in March has got all the guys I want to race skeered. A deaf man can tell the thing isn't stock, if not from the loping, from the vibrations going through the ground, lol. If only I could get away from that 14 mpg city, 19 highway.

·
Registered
336 Posts
man dusty im with ya no one will race me either and my gto has prob a hundred horses less than yours.. i dont know what it is no one will race

1 - 12 of 12 Posts