Pontiac GTO Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
670 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Killed a Civic hatchback with a single turbo tonight.I did not know what mods the guy had until after the race so I was caught off guard to how quick he was.

I'm not a racer so the first time while ahead I screwed up my shift and had to end too soon.

2nd time all went well and I pulled away for the win.

Talked to him afterwards.Cool guy with a pretty damn quick Civic.

·
Registered
1,847 Posts
Good runs Rob!

Did you guys go from a dig or a roll? and how fast?

Always fun to race other fast cars and not stock civics.

·
Registered
670 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
We went from a roll,didn't pay attention to the speeds.All I was concerned with was winning.........which I did.:D

·
Registered
3,376 Posts
Don't assume you'll woop a Honda, I got beat 3 times by different Honda's at the strip recently, 2 turbo's and 1 K motor swap. All ran 7.8 - 8.2 in the 1/8th, that's mid to high 12's. They all looked stock, no rice stuff, very stealth, but haul ass... 8.3 is a 13.0, at my local track at sea level, most stock GTO's run mid/high 8's with a good driver and traction.

·
Registered
670 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Don't assume you'll woop a Honda, I got beat 3 times by different Honda's at the strip recently, 2 turbo's and 1 K motor swap. All ran 7.8 - 8.2 in the 1/8th, that's mid to high 12's. They all looked stock, no rice stuff, very stealth, but haul ass... 8.3 is a 13.0, at my local track at sea level, most stock GTO's run mid/high 8's with a good driver and traction.
I never assume anything when it comes to racing.I saw a Honda Del Sol run low 10's at the strip,looked and sounded completely stock.

·
Registered
44 Posts
9 times out of ten that won't happen.

Assuming goes both ways. I remember going to the track and sitting in tech line with a couple of kids driving a 3000GT. The passenger ran his mouth about how slow US cars were and was annoyed at the sound of the 10 second cars that passed by. They bolth swore that his near bone stock Mitsubishi ran mid twelves, when pressed " we used a stop watch in front of my house".

First pass was a 14.90, they parked out in the boonies, second pass was a 14.54, they left.

So, yes, you cant assume.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts