Attachments

·
Premium Member
4,162 Posts

·
Registered
342 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
yes i read that post. i realize its not going to be completely solved by bushings but according to that post if i can at least solidify the xframe to the body I at least reduce that slop which it states is where a lot of the hop comes from.

figure the drag bags are the best way to half a$$ the shocks/springs.

what about energy suspension? their parts are considerably cheaper but how far off is the performance?

was looking at that weekend warrior package from the link you gave. is the 'cross member bushings' the same as the xframe bushings? another name i see is subframe but i would think thats referring to the front subframe? just seems to be a few names for same piece so thats whats throwing me off.

·
Premium Member
4,162 Posts
I can't compare Energy Suspension bushings to the other brands because I can't. I can tell you by doing what I did I can tell a differance in the behavior of the rear end. It feels more connected than it did before. Rear subframe/crossmember/cradle is the same thing.

·
Former Moderator
4,081 Posts
IMHO the Energy subframe (x-member same thing) bushing are superior to the others and noticeably cheaper. The bags will give the most noticeable help. You may want to read this too

·
Registered
342 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
well ill just go with those as far as the xframe bushings because 120+ is pretty steep.

hopefully between the bushings and drag bags i can keep that rear from beating my teeth together.

·
Registered
342 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
i read about the gforce half shaft kit fix, im just about sold on it, gonna look into them a little more but i see everyone who has them swares by them. id probably go ahead and upgrade the bushings mentioned as well just to clean up the slop.

so they run a heavier shaft on one side, as to throw off the harmonics so they dont bounce together. i know it sounds ghetto but wouldnt adding a few strips of wheel weights have the same theory???

·
Premium Member
4,162 Posts
so they run a heavier shaft on one side, as to throw off the harmonics so they dont bounce together. i know it sounds ghetto but wouldnt adding a few strips of wheel weights have the same theory???
GM uses a larger half shaft on one side to reduce wheel hop on the ZR1, not getto. After many folks have broken the rear end on CTS-V's due to wheel hop something has to be done to prevent it. Wheel weights will just fling off, and it would have to be balanced.

·
Registered
342 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
i got ya. wasn't gonna do it but was just trying to see if it was the weight difference that made the improvement.

so I think Im just going to go the more affordable route and get as many of the bushings from auto zone or whatever. I DD my car and race every now and then so i dont need adjustable bushings and ****.

bushings, new half shafts, maybe some auto zone high tier shocks and im done, dont want to spend $1500 back there...

1 - 9 of 9 Posts