Pontiac GTO Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
304 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was just wondering what you guys would clean the suede part of the door with if it got dirty without damaging it. I know water damages suede, so I haven't cleaned the marks yet. From kids sometimes coming in my car and having the habit of pushing the door open with their shoes :mad: I have some scuff marks and a tiny bit of dried mud/dirt on the suede. Any help is appreciated. Thanks.

·
Registered
2,100 Posts
A suede brush should do the trick. Just make sure everything's dry first.

When cleaning the car, one thing you can do is to take your vacuum cleaner's upholstery brush (the rectangluar one with bristles) and methodically move it along the suede in the same direction. This allows the nap to look perfectly uniform in appearance -- and looks fantastic. One direction pushes the nap down -- so it looks kind of grey. Reserving direction pulls it up -- and you'll get a nice dark finish.

You know those lint roller brushes? They work great at getting fuzz off the velvet like material around the windows...

·
Registered
674 Posts
i believe the "suede" is not suede but "alcantara", which if i am not mistaken roams in the same fields and eats the same food as "naugehyde".

The rendezvous has leather seats with "sueded fabric inserts" i think the same material is in the bonneville gxp.

cant wait till alcantara is an endangered species.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.