Pontiac GTO Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1,847 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I was on my way back from a friends house when I was about 5-7 blocks away from my house. I got to a red light with a newer looking (2008 model) G35 coupe with the organic shaped lights,black rims, and maybe exhaust. The way he was looking at me I knew he was gonna push it but I didnt wanna bother on a saturday night with the police all over the place :eek: The light hits green and I see this guy is smiling at me and I guess he floored it. I was on first gear just cruising. Man if this guy did not know what 400hp/400tq can do to a car, he sure figured it out right then and there. I decided I wanted to push until about third gear or so and stop the race win or lose (since he took the takeoff). As I'm switching to second I see him just in my blind spot. I shove it into second, man I felt the traction loss bad! I just wanted to check to see if I'm far enough from him were its ok to lose a bit of traction without tapping his car. I look in front of me and !!!! Crap I'm in his lane and swerving! not a big swerve but the car slipped from my control a bit and I took it down to neutral and back on my lane. This guy came next to me scared and before he can start talking(cussing at me most likely), I just told him " dude I'm so sorry thats totally my fault you alright? " He laughed about it and said its cool bro dont sweat it, nice car". If anyone else here would be upset I'm also sorry for that. Its totally my fault I got too much into the moment, and I have not driven my car past like 4k RPM in over 2 weeks or so. I will defenitly never race in first gear again until I get some DR's. Close call but I did basically win the race :willy:

I thanked god after the race and I kept saying "I'm sorry I'm sorry!" to my car and my passenger. I do keep Traction control on at ALL times by the way, Cant imagine what would happend without it :lol:

·
Registered
94 Posts
no traction control...

you almost bit it because you had traction control. T/C is only to be used during normal driving. if you race with it on, you will confuse the system and that's what happens. too much power to punch it with T/C on.

·
Registered
1,847 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Never really realised it worked like that, I know TC is turned off during races to allow powershifting, but much beyond that. Thanks for the info

1 - 3 of 3 Posts