Pontiac GTO Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2,473 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The slow steering response on the stock GTO is something that I feel has substantial room for improvemnet.

I saw that Lingenfelter offers a closer-ratio (3.91:1 Ratio ring & pinion set) steering system for the '04 (and presumably '05) Goat. Are there any other units on the market?

·
Registered
194 Posts
Groucho said:
I saw that Lingenfelter offers a closer-ratio (3.91:1 Ratio ring & pinion set) steering system for the '04 (and presumably '05) Goat. Are there any other units on the market?
What you are referring to is a rear end gear ratio, not a steering ratio. I don't believe there are any quick ratio steering boxes on the market. Go over to ls1.com.au to see if they have anything.

·
Registered
2,473 Posts
Discussion Starter #3 (Edited)
GasTiresandOil said:
What you are referring to is a rear end gear ratio, not a steering ratio. I don't believe there are any quick ratio steering boxes on the market. Go over to ls1.com.au to see if they have anything.
Crap, you may be right.

D'oh.

·
Registered
159 Posts
contact rhys millen racing... they did the drift GTo and made a closer ratio ring and pinion for the goat... I would say that they are your best bet

·
Registered
2,473 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Redline said:
contact rhys millen racing... they did the drift GTo and made a closer ratio ring and pinion for the goat... I would say that they are your best bet
Outstanding.
Thank you.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts