Pontiac GTO Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
251 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Go to youtube and set the settings to 480p and turn up the volume. At 12.5 seconds there is this noise sound like a gear from the front of my car. It clicks twice for about 1 sec. As soon as i push the gas pedal you can hear the noise. I dont know if this noise has been going on the whole time but i just recently starting paying attention to all the noises. This is me driving i have a video camera under my feet. The noise seems to be coming from the right front side of the car. This clunking sound only happens when i start my car and i push the gas pedal. It doesnt happen ever again until i shut off my car and push the gas pedal again. any ideas?

Also youll notice in the beginning of the video my steering wheel is making all kinds of noises. Any help with that as well?

·
Banned
2,777 Posts
I'm having a hard time isolating what noise you're talking about. That shot is of the brake pedal...

Try inspecting/lubricating the throttle cable.

·
Registered
251 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I'm having a hard time isolating what noise you're talking about. That shot is of the brake pedal...

Try inspecting/lubricating the throttle cable.
Its a very faint noise in the video. Turn the volume all the way up. You can hear it at 12.5 seconds. it sounds like "cluck cluck"

·
Registered
342 Posts
not sure if this will help but since the 04 is still drive by cable...

my camaro had an issue of clunking when i touched the throttle, it was literally the throttle cable came out of the keepers and was tapping on the cowl.

check to make sure the cable is secure the entire length

1 - 5 of 5 Posts