Pontiac GTO Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
252 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Can anyone please tell me a good way to test and see if I need a new clutch. I purchased my 05 M6 from a friend of mine and he tells me he thinks it needs a new clutch. I'm not so sure. It has 86k on it, but the clutch doesn't seem to slip. If I'm cruising around 70mph and drop it to 3rd it'll throw me into my seat. I have heard that is one way of testing. I don't wanna drop a grand on a new clutch if I dont really need one. Any help will be appreciated......thanks guys!!!

·
Registered
3,765 Posts
Floor it while your just crusing in 6th... if the RPMs don't jump when you do that or when you downshift, your good. I'm on my OEM clutch still and just about the break 70k miles.

·
Registered
252 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Floor it while your just crusing in 6th... if the RPMs don't jump when you do that or when you downshift, your good. I'm on my OEM clutch still and just about the break 70k miles.
Thanks bud!! I think I'm good to go. I think my friend was suggesting I get a new clutch because he was going to replace the stock cam with a much more aggressive cam. Thanks again!!

1 - 3 of 3 Posts