Pontiac GTO Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
164 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I need a clutch in my 04' because the hydraulics are shot but I have noticed (in a big way) that sometimes the selector pops out of first. Sounds like the whole bottom of the car fell off, HUGE clunk. Could it just not be engaged because of the clutch or is it the syncros.

·
Registered
62 Posts
I need a clutch in my 04' because the hydraulics are shot but I have noticed (in a big way) that sometimes the selector pops out of first. Sounds like the whole bottom of the car fell off, HUGE clunk. Could it just not be engaged because of the clutch or is it the syncros.
Wait.... You need a new clutch because your hydraulics are shot? How is a new clutch going to fix hydraulic issues? Is your clutch slipping? Not spinning the tires? RPM's go up but car doesn't go faster? If not then it's not your clutch.

If you have a hydraulic issue you need to look at your master cylinder and slave cylinder. One of those might be shot. Popping out of gear doesn't have anything to do with the clutch.. That's soley tranny issues.

You might want to take it somewhere and have them diagnose it for you. Then if your skilled enough do the work yourself. Sounds like you have more then one issue here

Sent from AutoGuide.com App

1 - 2 of 2 Posts