Pontiac GTO Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
been doing alot of reading on here trying to see if others have the same problems. sitting at a stop light and all of a sudden the clutch wasnt disengaging completely. went to take off and it wouldnt go into second gear. stopped and checked the clutch master, and plenty of fluid and not dark. started to drive again and was rough for a couple minutes and then has been ok. at times going into gear it grinds alittle. car has 80k on it and ive had lots of gm cars with this drivetrain just not this many miles. i think its the clutch master and ive had another person say the same. i believe the clutch has been changed already. would like alittle feedback to make sure it seems like the clutch master to anybody else out there. thank you for any feedback.

·
Former Moderator
4,081 Posts
It is not common at all to have a bad master and usually they leak inside the cabin down by the floor. The slave or bleeding of the system could be the culprit. I would bleed the system at the bleeder while changing out the fluid and see if that helps first. It could also be the slave wasn't shimmed properly and as the clutch disk wore the slave can't extend far enough to disengage anymore. Most people just pop in a clutch set without the required measuring and shimming.

·
Registered
40 Posts
my 06 m6 does a similar kind of thing. but usually only at high rpm btw 3rd and 4th. no leaks in the cab but the fluid in the reservoir is dark. what's the easiest way to bleed these clutches?

1 - 4 of 4 Posts