Pontiac GTO Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Okay so i bought this car about two months ago from a used dealer and i love it. As always nothings wrong in the first month. but i started noticing the clutch was acting funny. One week i was gone for about a week on business and when i came back the clutch dropped right to the floor so i checked the clutch fluid reservoir and come to find out it was bone dry. before i left for the week it definitely was about full. so i fill it and drive normal for about two weeks. i have looked and couldnt find any leaks, no spots on the pavement under my car nothing... it was still leaking somtimes not so much somtimes alot. upon doing some research online i went to in the cockpit area to look above the clutch pedal. there are two rubber boot covers that go to the engine bay through the firewall. one above the other. im not a mechanic so i dont know which one is the master cylinder. one of the boots does have some clutch fluid on it so i think i found my problem its the bigger of the two rubber boot covers so im wondering if i found my problem. i do have a limited warrenty from the dealer but when i brought it in with my problem the mechanic said he couldnt find my leak. so either he didnt look very hard or had his head up his ass. is this my problem? or could it be the slave cylinder rather than the master. please help

·
Former Super Moderator
9,919 Posts
I'd take it back to were you bought it and ask them to find the leak, being sure to point them inside the car to the clutch master cyl boot you saw the fluid on. They should (hopefully) replace the leaking parts. Be sure to tell them the reservoir goes empty after a week or two.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
thanks, i did that and it turned out to be the slave cylinder. so i had them replace that and the clutch while they were in there. Luckily the labor and slave were covered but the clutch wasnt. oh well...

1 - 3 of 3 Posts