Pontiac GTO Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i got ready to launch agains an 06 gto and mustang gt with a vortech supercharger i luancehd and i was ready to shift into second i put the clutch in and then switch to secong fast next thing i dont have a clutch to go up with and someone said when i luanched it tons of smoke came from my car im wondering what could it be that did it. i had no clutch for a while but after a while it came back but still is bad. what should i do and what was the problem

·
Super Moderator
8,433 Posts
pageme136 said:
i got ready to launch agains an 06 gto and mustang gt with a vortech supercharger i luancehd and i was ready to shift into second i put the clutch in and then switch to secong fast next thing i dont have a clutch to go up with and someone said when i luanched it tons of smoke came from my car im wondering what could it be that did it. i had no clutch for a while but after a while it came back but still is bad. what should i do and what was the problem

Take it right back to the dealer..... Could be different things.... First thing that comes to mind is the slave cylinder. Could be hydraulics as well. See if there is any brake fluid in the slave cylinder. Could be different things but this is the first that comes to my mind.

·
Registered
307 Posts
pageme136 said:
It sounds like your hyrdaulic fluid boiled and you now have air in the system.

·
Registered
5 Posts
pageme136 said:
I'm sorry to hear of your mechanical troubles. That truely sucks but dude, you really should let someone look at your message before you click on the submit button.

·
Registered
1,083 Posts
cybernco said:
I'm sorry to hear of your mechanical troubles. That truely sucks but dude, you really should let someone look at your message before you click on the submit button.
:agree :agree

Not to beat on anyone, because you may be one of the most intelligent people on the planet. If you can not take those thoughts and put them into intelligible words, phrases, and sentences, you appear illiterate to others.

·
Registered
569 Posts
Ugh- 3-way racing, how fast and furious :). Anyway, by "had no clutch, but now it's back" do you mean you had no pedal at all or the pedal worked, but the clutch slipped? If it was the latter, then it wasn't fluid- you smoked the clutch on the launch. You can't be that hard on the stock clutch, it does not like to be slipped much on a launch. If there was smoke, then you REALLY need to learn to drive before going out and abusing the car.
Joe

·
Registered
569 Posts
#1judge said:
i smoked my clutch , and i shift ten gears everyday,been driving a truck 16 yrs,so i know how 2 shift,i think with the added power the stock clutch just cant take the heat,imo
No, it can't take the heat of slipping it on the launch- need a stronger clutch. If you are stock and you have smoke billowing out form under your car on a launch- that is a driving problem :). I put ~550 horse and ~460 torque to the wheels on teh stock clutch with no issues- BUT if you try to slip it to get a smooth launch- it overwhelms it. With a proper launch, I can run 1st-6th with no slip whatsoever. My car only has 7300 miles on it and has had the procharger for ~2000 of them, so the clutch is still fairly new. I am going to upgrade it anyway, but as long as it holds, I'm not pulling it :).

Also- not to start anything, but driving a truck and shifting all day has nothing to do with a proper "drag" launch. My neighbor has been driving trucks for around the same time as you- can't drive my GTO for $hit. Pretty funny to watch him try though lol.. Big difference.
Joe

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.