Pontiac GTO Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
172 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
When I got done having work done at a speed shop I noticed a coating all over the exterior. It feels gritty. VERY hard to remove. Its been a week and its still not off. Someone told me its a protective coating that shops use. Is this right? Has anybody heard of this?

·
Registered
172 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Last week I dropped the goat off at Speed Inc. for some work for two days. After I picked it up, on the way home I stopped to wash it and in the process I noticed a coating covering much of the exterior. After talking to Speed I found out that during those two days, a building across the street was being painted and I was hit with overspray. They gave me a phone number to contact the paint company. So now I'm in the process of doing that. They have not called me back yet.
Any suggestions? I wonder what it will take to get cleaned up? And how it will look afterwards.:(

·
Registered
141 Posts
Had the same thing happen 2 years ago to my TT. It was the local GM dealer that was painting their building that sprayed the cars. The head of the body shop used some oil on it and it was a poor job. Took it home pretty upset and clay barred it and it was spotless after that. Use whichever you like, but I'm a fan of Griot's products. Wash it and wax it up after and it should be fine.

·
Registered
172 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
My goat is all nice and clean now! And its paid for and then some. I do not mind this at all now with this extra cash!:party:

·
Registered
273 Posts
fullarmor2 said:
My goat is all nice and clean now! And its paid for and then some. I do not mind this at all now with this extra cash!:party:
If you want to seal that paint now , I've just try this paint protector . www.nowaxfinish.com . some real go stuff , makes washing easy , shine nice to. one time deal, which is good because it dose cost $30. for one car.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts