Pontiac GTO Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Premium Member
Cameo Ivory 1967
3,839 Posts
As a fabricator, we usually call that reinventing the wheel... and in this case, I would call it reinventing the wheel and having it come out square.

The new gen GTO's are already a very formidable platform and they're thoroughly designed to handle, brake, and accelerate.

Trying to rig a FWD Cobalt to be the mechanical equivalent, would cost more than it would to buy a few new GTO's... and then it would take years of paint and fab and another $20,000 to make it look like a GTO.

However, there definitely is one arena where this idea would be worthy... and that's if you already had a Cobalt and GTO, no mortgage, no wife, your own shop, and deep pockets!

All that being said, Id like to see one!

·
Registered
3 Posts
If. you're doing it to make a sleeper, I'm actually looking to put the Monaro V2 front bumper onto my GTO. I am also looking to get a cheap old cavalier to use as a daily beater and then switch the logos and the tags. A real enthusiast would know something is up. But I think most people would not recognize that there's no such thing as a "cavalier ss"

1 - 6 of 6 Posts