Pontiac GTO Forum banner

1 - 20 of 36 Posts

·
Registered
259 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
OK.....

I don't mean to brag or anything, but this is the second Cobra I raced on the highway and literally destroyed. It must be pretty embarrasing, because he wouldn't go a second time, let alone look over at me after the first. ( i was going to give him a thumbs up just for racing me too).

Anyway, I live in Boise and this has got to be Mustang Central, there are more of that car than anything here, so I get lots of races.

I am on my way East on I-84 (high desert, no one out here)when I pull up to a Yellow Cobra with Nevada plates. I am right on his arse doing 90 in the fast lane and he wont pull over, so I pull to the right lane and pull up to him slowly in 4th... now about 100 even we are doing, so I wing the throttle and he bites :D I hit it too, and I pulled on him soooo hard.... seriously got like 3 lengths on him to 140 (still in 4th) and I just shift to 5th and stay at 140... he starts to gain (i'm just waiting for him :D ) he gets on me then when I slow to 130.... then I get on it again to a lil over 140 then I hit 5th and cruise it 150 (fastest I have been in my GTO) he just couldn't hang. I slow so he does.... but wont get next to me. So I slow to like 75 and he still stays behind me. then he turns off..... Anyway this GTO really gets it on the highway, and I swear from 120 to 140 in 4th this thing just pulls HARD! Oh well, another Cobra kill.

·
Registered
81 Posts
Personally, I relished every word of that story...nice kill
:cheers

·
Registered
46 Posts
Good!!! Every time I get near a mustang these guys always want a piece,from the early 90's to todays model, it's almost as if there insane. Hav'nt had a mutang touch me yet. Best run was on a 2 lane county highway her in the Savannah area. Had a red Rousch stang behind me goosen it. so I dropped it into 3rd and left him, he tried pullen behind me but couldn't hang. He gave up after that and drove real respectable behind me. Pulled up to the stop light after to give a nod, and in typical stang driver fasion wouldnt even look in my direction. Not to put down a good car, but took a WS6 TA this weekend, and he was like any good challenger should be, gave me a nod and wave after with a big smile. Thats what it's all about.

·
Premium Member
2,626 Posts
dvillar said:
Good!!! Every time I get near a mustang these guys always want a piece,from the early 90's to todays model, it's almost as if there insane. Hav'nt had a mutang touch me yet. Best run was on a 2 lane county highway her in the Savannah area. Had a red Rousch stang behind me goosen it. so I dropped it into 3rd and left him, he tried pullen behind me but couldn't hang. He gave up after that and drove real respectable behind me. Pulled up to the stop light after to give a nod, and in typical stang driver fasion wouldnt even look in my direction. Not to put down a good car, but took a WS6 TA this weekend, and he was like any good challenger should be, gave me a nod and wave after with a big smile. Thats what it's all about.
:agree

·
Registered
75 Posts
:cheers I took out a ws6 here too!! I didnt wanna race him but he insisted, so wth. i dont race gm products just everything else :D

·
Registered
259 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
You know.... there is a 2005 Rousch in town. It pulled next to me in the turn lane (windows down) I sayed nice car but it looks like a 4 wheel drive next to mine :rofl: No reaction at all from HER but I know she could here me. ( I really shouldn't be such a jerk, it just happens some time)

Seriously that ROUSCH sits high next to the GTO... the car looks huge.

·
Registered
3,445 Posts
LS2FAST said:
You know.... there is a 2005 Rousch in town. It pulled next to me in the turn lane (windows down) I sayed nice car but it looks like a 4 wheel drive next to mine :rofl: No reaction at all from HER but I know she could here me. ( I really shouldn't be such a jerk, it just happens some time)

Seriously that ROUSCH sits high next to the GTO... the car looks huge.
There was this guy in an 05 GT running at the drag strip. I was running 13.5-13.4 that night. I wasn't paying much attention to him but noticed he ran a 13.6. I went over and complimented him on his run. It got me a F--- u. I was what is that for? He said his car should be crushing mine. I told him the Gotta have-it factor only works in magazines. The GT gets beat by the GTO in real life, but I hadn't seen one run that fast stock. Long story short, he had a S/C'd Rousch. Guess the heat affects those worse than the LS2. LOL. Next time I see him I'll throw the "man is that thing fast for 4wd" at him.

·
Registered
46 Posts
Typical!!

:lol: :cheers

fergyflyer said:
There was this guy in an 05 GT running at the drag strip. I was running 13.5-13.4 that night. I wasn't paying much attention to him but noticed he ran a 13.6. I went over and complimented him on his run. It got me a F--- u. I was what is that for? He said his car should be crushing mine. I told him the Gotta have-it factor only works in magazines. The GT gets beat by the GTO in real life, but I hadn't seen one run that fast stock. Long story short, he had a S/C'd Rousch. Guess the heat affects those worse than the LS2. LOL. Next time I see him I'll throw the "man is that thing fast for 4wd" at him.

·
Registered
115 Posts
LS2FAST said:
OK.....

I don't mean to brag or anything, but this is the second Cobra I raced on the highway and literally destroyed. It must be pretty embarrasing, because he wouldn't go a second time, let alone look over at me after the first. ( i was going to give him a thumbs up just for racing me too).

Anyway, I live in Boise and this has got to be Mustang Central, there are more of that car than anything here, so I get lots of races.

I am on my way East on I-84 (high desert, no one out here)when I pull up to a Yellow Cobra with Nevada plates. I am right on his arse doing 90 in the fast lane and he wont pull over, so I pull to the right lane and pull up to him slowly in 4th... now about 100 even we are doing, so I wing the throttle and he bites :D I hit it too, and I pulled on him soooo hard.... seriously got like 3 lengths on him to 140 (still in 4th) and I just shift to 5th and stay at 140... he starts to gain (i'm just waiting for him :D ) he gets on me then when I slow to 130.... then I get on it again to a lil over 140 then I hit 5th and cruise it 150 (fastest I have been in my GTO) he just couldn't hang. I slow so he does.... but wont get next to me. So I slow to like 75 and he still stays behind me. then he turns off..... Anyway this GTO really gets it on the highway, and I swear from 120 to 140 in 4th this thing just pulls HARD! Oh well, another Cobra kill.
Good kill, its nice to know the Cobra can be beat.

·
Registered
163 Posts
03snake03 said:
Cobra guys do make driving mistakes!
You mean like buying a Cobra? :rofl:

Just messing with ya. Although I did race one and he beat me. Barely, and he had a lot of mods. Since then I have put on some better tires and installed a CAI, I think I can beat him now.

·
Registered
259 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Yeah..please keep in mind both of these were appearantly stock. It is not hard at all to make a Cobra go fast for little money and even though I have 2 seperate Cobra Kills, I still approach humbly, just in case they hand my arse to me.

·
Registered
233 Posts
I like the 4x4 remark, Man those things do have alot of wheel well gap. I have had a simular experience. I had a Mach 1 challenge me ,after handing him his a$$.I tryed to give a thumbs up ,for racing he would not even look.:D

·
Registered
10 Posts
What year Cobra? The stock 03/04's make quite a bit more power than 04 GTO's unless you've done a bunch of engine work. The 05's also won't do so well against a lighter more powerful cobra. I was putting out about 425 flywheel hp stock. I've only added K&N and SLP loudmouth and now put down 394 RWHP/380 RWTQ. Add a pulley and look out.

Lance

·
Registered
136 Posts
red2003cobra said:
What year Cobra? The stock 03/04's make quite a bit more power than 04 GTO's unless you've done a bunch of engine work. The 05's also won't do so well against a lighter more powerful cobra. I was putting out about 425 flywheel hp stock. I've only added K&N and SLP loudmouth and now put down 394 RWHP/380 RWTQ. Add a pulley and look out.

Lance

keep drinkin that Koolaid.....those corbras are not much lighter than the GTO...

1 - 20 of 36 Posts