Pontiac GTO Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
57 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I know that K&N currently has no CAI for the 05's even though that is what I would prefer. Can anyone give me a link or let me know of a company other than K&N that is making then. I have saw a couple on the web, but no longer have the link.

Thanks

·
Registered
57 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Is heat soak caused because there is no plastic sheilding around the filter like the K&N offers? And how much help does that little peice of plastic help block heat? I see alot of people just getting the cone filter part # re-0950 and sticking them of in place of the air box on the 05's. This seems like it would be no different then buying the intake from new era and you save a 160 bucks. What do you guy's think? click Link and take a look.

http://www.cardomain.com/memberpage/789158/2

·
Registered
476 Posts
You'll have to wait until July/August in Texas when it is 100+ to see if there are any heat soak issues. The '05 should just be able to pop out the inserts in the hood scoops and be able to draw in cool air, but the '04 may have some problems. I had to fabricate a heat sheild for my SVT using a Rubbermaid trash can and some pipe insulation.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts