Pontiac GTO Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
157 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello I bought me a 1967 GTO in January of 1971 straight out of Vietnam. The color was dark green, no metallic in it. I have looked at the colors available for the 67 GTO and can not find the dark green. The car was not a repaint I am positive of that. Wonder why I can not find the green color. Was thinking of painting my GTO being restored this same green. Any help appreciated.
thanks

·
Registered
3,781 Posts
Hello I bought me a 1967 GTO in January of 1971 straight out of Vietnam. The color was dark green, no metallic in it. I have looked at the colors available for the 67 GTO and can not find the dark green. The car was not a repaint I am positive of that. Wonder why I can not find the green color. Was thinking of painting my GTO being restored this same green. Any help appreciated.
thanks
What does your paint code say on the Data plate? IF by chance there is no paint code, then the color was a special ordered paint color, typically a GM color. I had a '67 GTO convertible, no paint code on the Data Plate, that was sprayed Iris Mist which was not available as a production color but could be special ordered - it was available in 1965 as a factory color.

If you have your PHS documents, it will tell you which color the car is IF it was a factory color offered for the GTO in 1967. If it was a special ordered color, the color will not be specified. This has been covered before here on the forums if you do a search.

If your color is a special order, then you may want to look at other GM color chips and try to match your green with a similar green from another GM make.

·
Registered
157 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
The 67 GTO I had was either painted Night Shade Green or Verdoro Green. Night Shade Green was available on 68 GTO's and Firebirds. I have read that Verdoro Green was available on 67 GTO's even though it is not one of the official colors available. All I know is that the car was a dark green and had no metallic in it.

thanks

1 - 4 of 4 Posts