Pontiac GTO Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
First new to the site. I'm finding great information here - I really appreciate it.

OK, I'm looking into getting an '06 GTO with the M6. There are a fair amount in stock in the San Diego area in all sorts of colors - can't decide which color.

The colors I'm considering include:
- Brazen Orange
- Impluse Blue
- Quicksilver Metalic
- Spice Red

Any suggestions/recommendations? I know its a personal decision, but curious what others prefer.

·
Registered
98 Posts
sandiegoz28 said:
First new to the site. I'm finding great information here - I really appreciate it.

OK, I'm looking into getting an '06 GTO with the M6. There are a fair amount in stock in the San Diego area in all sorts of colors - can't decide which color.

- Brazen Orange
- Impluse Blue
- Quicksilver Metalic
- Spice Red

Any suggestions/recommendations? I know its a personal decision, but curious what others prefer.
I'd go Spice Red with the red interior. :cool
That was my second choice.

·
Super Moderator
8,433 Posts
sandiegoz28 said:

- Brazen Orange
- Impluse Blue
- Quicksilver Metalic
- Spice Red

I didn't go with the darker colors for a few reasons...The color accents of the car to me seem to blend in more with the darker color. example: the gill inserts, the hood scoop inserts. With the lighter colors, those accents seem to be more pronounced. Black on silver, or orange, or red pops out at you. Where as black on black or black or dark blue blends in more.... Also the darker colors are harder to keep clean looking. Also swirls on the paint after waxing etc. show easily....My preference was lighter because of the color combos and the ability to keep the car cleaner looking when it is dirty at times...

I like all the colors but I chose silver. Also the SAP came in only a few factory painted colors. The added cost of the paint on the SAP was high, and the color match may not be a 100% exact match due to the painting environment. We all know there is nothing like a factory paint job.

Everyone has their preferences, mine was silver.

·
Registered
249 Posts
Mine is in Black, shows every scratch and its gotten alot.

I would have liked an orange one myself but when I went looking for a new one in it dealer said they couldnt get one. The silver also looks nice.

·
Registered
231 Posts
I chose black because of the stealth factor. Although I will admit its the worst color for the florida hot sun and scracthes and she lives outside but oh well bottom line its just a freakin car damn I sound like my wife :lol:

·
Registered
455 Posts
sandiegoz28 said:
- Brazen Orange
- Impluse Blue
- Quicksilver Metalic
- Spice Red
Outside of personal preference, there are a couple of things you might consider:
1) Cleaning. Dark colors show dirt more. However, you don't have black listed (the worst for showing dirt), nor cyclone gray (probably the runner up). The colors you have listed are probably pretty close for showing dirt. The silver will generally show dirt the least, and the other three colors probably neck-in-neck.

2) Do you want a less common color that was only offered one year? Orange and spice red are MY06 only.

3) Do the police in your area have a reputation of latching onto certain colors more? (Standard) red often has this issue, as does yellow. The colors you've listed are pretty muted; but possibly the spice red may be an eye catcher.

4) Do you have preference for interior color? The orange only comes with black interior. Spice red and silver come with black or red interior. Blue comes with black or blue interior.

5) Is there are car color that is common in your area, and does that effect you in any way? For instance, silver is common in some areas. Some people want a common color to blend in, some people don't want it because they want to stand out or are tired of seeing that color, others don't care.

6) As to the birds that hang out closest to where you park your car (home and work), what color do they tend to poo in? Sounds silly, and bird poo should be removed as soon as possible, but to some people this is a factor. Purple bird poo stands out bad on silver, whereas white poo stands out on darker colors. Any of it should be removed as soon as possible though to avoid damaging the paint.

7) Likewise, the average dirt color in your area may be a consideration. Light chalky dirt will hide best against silver, brown muddy dirty might hide better against orange.

Check out the Gallery linked above--there are a number of pics of exteriors, and interiors. If you favor an interior color, that may limit your exterior colors. Try to see the cars in person (if possible. I've heard the orange looks better in person than it usually does in pictures. And the blue may look different shades in pics depending on the angle of the sun.

·
Registered
454 Posts
if your not considering black,then why not go with the orange or spice since these will be 1 year only colors?
IMO although black is a biotch to keep clean it is by far the best looking color for this body style............thats why I bought it

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Good feedback. I like the one-year only color ideas. I've got two silver cars already, so biased towards that color, but the Brazen Orange seems unique.

Going to the dealership to go look some more...

·
Registered
4 Posts
I just bought mine this week, and after a lot of thought like yourself, I went with the Brazen Orange. I like that it's only offered this year, and it is a unique color. I haven't seen any others in my area. My second choice was Impulse blue, and then Spice red. I like the black interior, and orange gauges that come with the Brazen Orange.

·
Registered
455 Posts
Grats on your recent Goat, GTOsrFun. You also bring up another point that may be a consideration to some--instrument cluster color. I'm sure this is easily modded, but it seems the default color is red, but some cars get non-red gauges. Orange exterior gets orange guages, and blue exterior gets blue gauges. Yellow was discontinued for MY06 and I think it had yellow gauges. Red, black, spice red, silver and gray all get red gauges, IIRC.

To the OP: nice cars you have; a classic Camaro and Chevelle. :)

·
Registered
1,083 Posts
Only concern about Brazen Orange is if it will soon be a "dated" color. Maybe not, but something to think about.

If these newer GTO's ever start to appreciate in value, the rarer colors may be a factor, but that may also be 20 years off. Who's going to keep a car that long? Not many.

My advice is to get the color that lights your fire

·
Registered
116 Posts
I went with cyclone to stay low key but my next choice would be brazen. Don't worry about being dated in 1995 Mitsubishi offered a similar color on the GS-T and it still looks good. The color has been around awhile and has gotten more popular ie 350z, Hayabusa, Grand Prix, Acura CL. All these vehicle are from different years and they all look good with the color. As far as collecting goes the less popular colors are going to be more money, but you would want to keep the car stock with low miles to see a good return in 20-30 years. Go with what you like, might be a popular color but it is still a rare car.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.